Ensures the cleanliness of the hotel's guest rooms, floors and public areas.
• Deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
• Provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
• Handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner; feedback guest complaints to housekeeping manager promptly
• Ensure all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
• Check and verify room status report.
• Report room defects.
• Report lost and damaged items.
• Clean and make-up guest rooms.
• Empty soiled linens.
• Clean and tidy pantry and toilet.
• Maintain the cleanliness of corridors and surrounding back areas.
• Clean and pack the trolley.
• Check and cleans operating equipment.
• Changes light bulbs in room.
• Refresh flowers set in guestroom.
• Provide night turndown service.
• Update room status via telephone interface system.
• Attend and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
• Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
• Exercise responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team.
• Read the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
• Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 25 lbs. regularly. Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs occasionally with assistance. Follow proper moving and lifting procedures. Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to handle or feel; talk and hear.
• Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
• Wear uniform, including nametag at all times.
• Practice energy conservation at all times.
• To be flexible in your job function and perform any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which may be assigned to you, including redeployment to other departments/areas if required, in order to meet business demands and guest service needs.
• To treat all operating equipment and supplies carefully to minimize damage and reduce waste.
• To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department grooming standards.
• To comply with local legislation as required.
• Promote teamwork and associate morale.
The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift and alter assigned duties as business dictates. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be maintained at all times.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.