The person in this position will report to the IT Ordering/eCommerce department's operational support team, spending a large portion of time working directly with the enterprise operations teams on a schedule outside of standard business hours. As a front-line responder in a constantly changing ecosystem, this support team member is responsible for working with Charter's internal and external resources to quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve issues effecting the stability of a platform responsible for generating millions of sales, through multiple channels, for a Fortune 100 company. We are an organization that prides ourselves on meeting a goal of near 0% unplanned downtime, therefore, it is critical this individual possesses a proactive, assertive personality, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), a great eye for detail, and the ability to perform a root cause analysis in a highly complex environment. As part of a lean operating team, resilience and adaptiveness are "must have" characteristics in this team player. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
As an integral part of the support team and an advocate of quality performance, some of the key responsibilities of Application Support Specialist include:
- Quickly responds to incident alerts and support calls. Identifies, and coordinates with, teams critical to the event's resolution, sets up bridge calls, and escalates when necessary.
- Proactively monitors highly available applications/systems. Interprets and disseminates the information to a variety of audiences, including support teams and internal leadership.
- Performs key tasks to hot-fix and enhancement deployments to production and non-production environments.
- Executes automated and manual smoke tests following maintenance and outage recovery periods.
- Self-educates on new systems, applications, and tools, and requests guidance and training proactively, as needed, to ensure optimum job performance.
- Assists in elevating the performance of other support team members.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with all levels of business users in a professional manner
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform after hours tasks
- Increased knowledge and ability to make decisions around service ticket requests utilizing software such as Remedy
- Expert level knowledge around system administration tasks and ability to provide recommendations around approach to leverage resources
- Ability to lead other staff doing similar work in the department
- Ability to offer training and instruction and helps to set the work pace within the department
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experienceRelated Work Experience
8 to 10 years of related IT work experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
The ideal applicant will clearly possess the following experience, characteristics, and competencies:
- 3 - 5 years experience in an application support related role.
- 3 - 5 years experience with one or more of our key technologies - Akamai, Oracle Web Commerce (ATG), and Akamai is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to capture and articulate technical and non-technical details.
- Expertise with deep dive problem analysis using logging, ITOA, and APM products such as Splunk or AppDynamics.
- Proficient with a wide array of data mining and messaging tools and techniques.
- Experience using source control and deployment tools, such as Automic, Jenkins, Git, and/or Puppet is a plus.
Posting ID: 561665472Posted: 2020-07-07