Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders. We're looking for a MarketingPartnerships & PR Intern who will join our Integrated Planning and Social Media team.This position may be based remotely or at The Scotts Miracle-Gro world headquarters in Marysville, a suburb of Columbus, OH. Not familiar with Columbus? Visit columbusregion.com/columbus-2020/.Our internship program is designed to cultivate the professional growth of students through a dynamic work environment. Over the course of 12 weeks you will work on meaningful projects and have opportunities to learn from industry leaders. We are committed to your development but will also rely on you to bring new knowledge, new ideas, and innovation into our organization.Scotts Miracle-Gro is searching for a curious and passionate Marketing Partnerships & PR intern to grow with us, as we create integrated marketing campaigns that tap into consumer interests, span multiple channels, and leverage emerging media. This internship position will allow you to work closely with other members of the Marketing Services team, providing exposure to many different facets of the business.What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Support the day-to-day execution of a wide range of marketing partnerships, including those with influencers, media publishers, sports leagues, and content creators
- Develop internal communications, status documents and program recaps
- Research industry trends, best practices, and case studies
- Develop a library of historical SMG partnerships as a critical reference document for future planning
- Circulate PR reports to internal stakeholders
- Participate in various marketing planning and brainstorming sessions
- Attend meetings with internal stakeholders and partner agencies
- Brainstorm new partnership and/or PR ideas that achieve business or campaign goals
COME GROW WITH US, WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school.
- Possess strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication.
- Prioritize collaboration and problem solving.
- Manage multiple tasks and be detail-oriented.
- Passion for the digital marketing landscape, including social media and content.
- Have prior internship experience (preferred but not required).
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health
puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. During this year's flu season and the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring our US associates to get a flu vaccine. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Posting ID: 608976830Posted: 2021-02-25