Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We're looking for a Corporate Strategy Intern
who will join our Special Operating Forces Team in Marysville, OH.
This position may be based remotely or at The Scotts Miracle-Gro world headquarters in Marysville, a suburb of Columbus, OH. Not familiar with Columbus? Visit columbusregion.com/columbus-2020/.
Our internship program is designed to cultivate the professional growth of students through a dynamic work environment. Over the course of 12 weeks, you will work on meaningful projects and have opportunities to learn from industry leaders. We are committed to your development but will also rely on you to bring new knowledge, new ideas, and innovation into our organization.
As an Intern in our Strategy department, you will work on a team that executes high visibility projects that support the Company's top initiatives. This Intern position will get exposure to a wide range of responsibilities including conducting research, creating presentations to effectively communicate the results of the team's research and analysis, modeling financial data, and supporting M&A.
We are looking for a highly motivated and intellectually curious candidate who can join the team and make a solid contribution to the team during the internship.What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Support a wide range of projects in order to answer strategic questions asked by senior leaders
- Conduct research, analyze data, distill key insights, and deliver informed recommendations (industry trends, competitive intelligence, pricing)
- Help create presentations to effectively communicate the results of the team's research and analysis to stakeholders at all levels
- Help create and update financial models in support of industry research or M&A activities
- Support execution of special projects, as needed
- Provide support to the Mergers & Acquisition process, as needed
- Be enrolled in an accredited MBA program
- Prior experience in Corporate Strategy or M&A desired
- Possess strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work on cross-functional project teams and distill complex topics into easy to understand concepts
- Manage multiple tasks and is detailed-oriented
- Ability to work independently providing high-quality deliverables related to projects as assigned
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.