Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for an Assistant Marketing Manager
who will join our Brand Marketing
team in Marysville, Ohio.
This position will be based at The Scotts Miracle-Gro world headquarters in Marysville, a suburb of Columbus, OH. Not familiar with Columbus? Visit columbusregion.com/columbus-2020/
As an Assistant Marketing Manager, you will be part of a two-year brand leadership program that exposes you to multiple facets of marketing and business, developing you into a strong marketing leader. The program includes two, one-year brand rotations infused with a variety of experiences and cross functional exposure to develop your marketing skill-set. You will learn the ins and outs of brand marketing by being an integral part of a brand team, working on a national brand under the lead of a Brand Manager or Assistant Brand Manager. As an AMM, you are integrated into the daily operations of your business unit, functioning as a business owner to build and execute plans that drive the business in the short and long term, delivering to consumer and customer needs. Successful completion of the two year program results in placement as an Assistant Brand Manager.Everyday you will:
To thrive in this role you must:
- Analyze data, including sales results, share data, customer insights, market research, and category trends, to understand the state of the business and identify business insights that inform strategies to grow your business and unlock new opportunities
- Engage various cross functional teams such as sales, finance, business development, research and development, supply chain, and marketing communications to drive execution of short and long term business initiatives
- Manage your portfolio of products through various states of the product lifecycle including new product innovation from ideation to commercialization and product management from go to market strategies to product maturity
What makes this role unique from others:
- Analyze and manipulate data to uncover insights and provide opinions on marketplace dynamics, sales trends, competitive analysis, promotion and pricing evaluation
- Take initiative to uncover new insight and opportunities to inform work and make an impact on the business
- Drive results through efficient, action-oriented execution, being able to engage and lead cross functional teams to get work done
- Communicate effectively, appropriately tailoring messages to the consumer, customer, and various cross functional groups groups and levels of management
- Possess passion and curiosity to expand your marketing skill-set, continuously seek out opportunities and ideas to strengthen your brand(s) and grow your business
- Have a bias for action to quickly adapt and execute on the needs of the business while being comfortable challenging the status quo
- Be the expert on your portfolio of products and projects with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with cross functional partners within sales, supply chain, research and development, communications, finance and market research
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Make an impact on national, category leading brands from day one.
- Exposure to various management levels, including high up leadership.
- A focus on personal development, with flexing projects to ensure you get a well-rounded marketing skill-set.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, you'll have the ability to define ideas and champion those ideas to management
- Rotation opportunities to get a broader perspective on the Scotts Miracle-Gro business to develop as a well rounded leader (AMMs will have two, one year rotations while in the program)
- Enterprise wide development experiences to help shape the future of the organization such as macro trend discovery and ideation and blue ocean innovation forums
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Onsite wellness center which includes: 24,000 sq. ft. fitness center, Walgreens pharmacy and Doctor's office.
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- Beautiful campus and corporate offices designed like a log cabin offering free coffee, chef run cafe and the best crushed ice!
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and GroPride Network, Scotts Young Professionals.
- 13 SMG paid holiday days and generous vacation policy.
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health
puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. During this year's flu season and the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring our US associates to get a flu vaccine. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.