Our client, ENT Associates of NY (ENT), is seeking a Medical Receptionist at their Massapequa location.
This person will provide excellent customer service to patients, ensuring a pleasant experience from scheduling to check-out. This person will also help ensure a smooth patient flow during active patient sessions, including gathering pertinent information during check-in, ensuring patients are kept apprised of their expected time to be seen by the physician, and providing a smooth and pleasant check-out process. Also, fielding phone calls, making scheduling and confirmation calls, filing, data entry, copying, faxing, and other administrative tasks.
If you are looking for a fast paced, dynamic work environment, then this position is for you!
What are the Essential Functions of the job?
- Conducts patient scheduling, confirmation, and re-scheduling calls
- Processes and monitors appointments and schedules
- Provides excellent customer service when working with patients to schedule or re-schedule appointments (either over the phone or in person)
- Provides exemplary customer service to patients throughout the visit
- Conducts eligibility, authorization, and verification processes efficiently and accurately
- Processes patient referrals
- Verifies Prior Authorizations of patient prescriptions
- Escalates difficult or complex problems to Office Manager in resolving escalated complaints or disputes
Active Patient Sessions
- Ensuring a stellar patient visit:
- Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, in person or over the phone.
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient information by collecting detailed patient information
- Protects and maintains confidentiality of patient information, including personal and financial information.
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff.
- Responds to inquiries by patients, prospective patients, and visitors in a courteous manner.
- Processes a smooth and accurate check-in and check-out process for each patient
- Collects deductibles and outstanding payments
- Reconciles superbills and copays after end of each patient session to ensure accuracy
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper phone etiquette.
- Keeps the reception area clean and organized
- Conducts paper filing and pulling of paper charts
- Calls “no-show” patients to ensure they are OK and to re-schedule appointment
- Makes reschedule calls to patients
- Handles incoming faxes and routes the information to appropriate person or system
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Responsibilities
- Accurately enters patient information into Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system, including zip code, name (as per Insurance card), and insurance information
- Distributes correct intake packet according to appointment type or “last seen” status
- Reviews intake form to ensure completion (for example, signatures, MD name, pharmacy)
- Sends no show notifications to physicians at end of session
- Generates all forms through system (for example, Patient Sick Notes, instructions)
- Reviews all charts at end of patient session to ensure accuracy of information (for example, ensuring physician is noted in all charts)
What are the requirements?
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Required Experience: 1 year of experience working at a medical practice
Any other qualifications that ENT is looking for?
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and must have experience using at least one Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software application.
- 401k Plan,
- Personal Insurance Coverage: Life, Short-term and Long-term disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
Who is ENT?
We are more than your everyday practice. With over 50 years in caring for patients throughout the New York Metro area and Long Island, we are a team deeply rooted in our community who strive to be the “local healthcare professionals you can trust”. While we may have been around for a while…our spirit is based in the desire to progress and advance our practice in ways that benefit the patient and team member. As a multi-specialty practice, we offer an exciting opportunity to work with a diverse team of clinical professionals who specialize in ENT, Allergy and Immunology, Audiology and Speech Pathology. So, if you are someone who loves to bring new and fresh ideas to the table, collaborate with professionals from over 15 offices, and be part of a team that functions as #ONEENT…. then we are the group for you!
Want a little more insight to who we are? Get to know us better and check us out on our website and social media pages. Just remember…come back to this post to apply!
Facebook | LinkedIn | Instagram
Not the job for you? Know someone that might be a good fit? Please send them the link to this job!
Powered by JazzHR