• Assist operator in the set up and operation of slitting machines consistent with customer order specifications.
• Fully understand, and maintain proficiency in, all tasks referenced in the employee training record for this position.
• Understand manufacturing order and specification documentation.
• Assist operator in visual inspection of materials.
• Set up, start up and run machine as required; monitor slitter operation during operator breaks and meal periods.
• Perform basic troubleshooting skills as required.
• Understand and apply applicable quality system procedures. Reference quality system documentation as appropriate. Participate in the communication and resolution of quality issues.
• Coordinate material handling in support of production needs.
• Coordinate duties and communicate to other team members to support completion of responsibilities in all areas.
• Wrap, label and package finished material
• Participate in teams and applicable training opportunities.
• Understand and comply with TC Transcontinental Safety Policies.
• Accurately account for time and materials (including raw web materials and finished products) utilized.
• Ability and willingness to complete powered industrial vehicle training and certification, if required.
• Maintain housekeeping to expected standards.
• Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.