• Regular work with pneumatic punches, hand tools and basic electrical
• Light fabrication and occasional welding
• Repairing critical equipment, performing preventive and predictive maintenance, and completing projects such as mechanical and electrical hardware and software upgrades
• Maintain and keep necessary spare parts associated with production equipment
• Work with vendors to acquire parts and supplies as needed
• Must understand and maintain a Lock-Out-Tag-Out program
• Participating in daily shift meetings, prioritizing and reviewing work orders to schedule daily work
• Use analytical tools to determine root cause failure analysis and use that data to drive improvement
• Help drive continuous improvements and increase equipment up-time along with reducing repair costs. Help create associate ownership and operator maintenance program.
• Help develop and maintain a preventative/predictive maintenance program
Shift start: 7:00AM
Shift length: 8 - 11 hours
Monday-Friday, some weekends required
Quanex Building Products Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides components for the fenestration industry worldwide. It operates through three segments: North American Engineered Components, European Engineered Components, and North American Cabinet Components. The company offers flexible insulating glass spacers; extruded vinyl profiles; window and door screens; cabinet doors and other components for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the kitchen and bathroom cabinet industry; and precision-formed metal and wood products, as well as solar panel sealants, trim moldings, vinyl decking and fencing products, water retention barriers, and conservatory roof components.