Area Asphalt Construction and Operations Manager
City/State: Maysville, KY
Company:H.G. Mays Corporation
HG Mays Corporation is a family-owned asphalt paving company founded in 1958. The company owns and operates asphalt plants in Frankfort, Maysville and Flemingsburg with crews that service the surrounding counties. HG Mays Corporation prides itself as a leader in the transportation construction industry, not only for its quality products and service, but also for its commitment to the highest standards in safety and performance.
We build the roads you and your family drive on.
We are currently seeking an individual for the Area Construction Manager position in the Maysville, KY area.The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to recruit, train, develop and retain employees while focused on uncompromised excellence in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Managing an organization consisting of multiple crews performing heavy highway work inclusive of installation of stabilized aggregate base, asphalt paving, milling, and grading in accordance with plans and specifications with KDOT, counties, cities and private commercial projects
- Oversee and coordinate operations of two asphalt plants and trucking company
- Project scheduling, profitability and quality
- Coordination of all resources (i.e. equipment, labor, supplies, subcontractors, etc.)
- Progress and final reporting on project performance vs. bid
- Proven track record of completing jobs under budget and on schedule
- Acts as respected resource with KDOT, owners, developers, engineers, peers, subcontractors, suppliers and government officials, and community leaders
- Actively participate in community affairs; involvement with industry organizations
- Ability to read construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to make presentations, communicate with a variety of people including management, inspectors, owners, subcontractors, vendors and prime contractors
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Demonstrable knowledge of all construction processes
- Ability to communicate and work with senior management to achieve the necessary goals set for specific projects
- Proven ability to supervise, train, and develop personnel
- Must be able to perform in a team atmosphere, need good inquiry skills
- Ability to view plans and proposals, visualize the job and see the opportunities
- Proven performer with bottom-line responsibility
- Manage projects involving incentives/disincentives
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field of study preferred.
- 10-15 years of direct industry experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic Thinker
Posting ID: 562729035Posted: 2020-08-08