Welcome to Bridgeport Place, a unique blend of retirement and assisted living serving the Tacoma metropolitan area including University Place, Fircrest, Steilacoom, DuPont, Lakewood and Gig Harbor.
We're passionate about giving residents the freedom to choose. What do you want to do today? Take a fitness class. Have lunch with friends. Enjoy a cooking class. Let's go shopping. Try your hand at billiards. Massage, anyone? Don't forget to set aside some quiet time to curl up with a good book in front of the library fireplace. Design just the day you want without the hassles of maintaining a home or the worry of accessing health care services.
Choose from studio and spacious studio alcove-style apartments, plus one-and two-bedroom apartment suites. Plus, dining and shopping opportunities are just minutes away. Our care services staff include 12 hours of nursing care daily along with a 24-hour response system. Our hallmark is listening and responding to the needs of each individual and celebrating the opportunity to enhance the lives of all residents at Bridgeport Place Assisted Living. Now Hiring (FT/PT) Driver!
This position provides transportation to the residents for appointments and errands, such as medical appointments, banking, shopping, worship services, entertainment, and other miscellaneous activities. Ensures safety of all passengers. Runs event and community errands as needed. Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Director, Lifestyle and Leisure, transport residents in a safe manner while observing all safe driving standards.
- Use appropriate procedures to assist residents to minimize the risk of injury or accident.
- Interact with residents in a friendly manner, providing meaningful attention and communicating concerns of resident's health to management as appropriate.
- Ensure all vehicle license plates, inspection tags, and insurance cards are current and displayed properly.
- Maintain the cleanliness and maintenance of all vehicles.
- Work in a safe manner and ensures that unsafe actions are brought to the attention of the Executive Director.
- Foster teamwork with co-workers, show initiative in overcoming obstacles, take actions which assists others beyond job responsibilities, and have a positive impact on co-workers, residents, and visitors.
- Seek out and perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Apply with your resume TODAY to schedule your interview for this exciting opportunity! **Please DO NOT include the date of your graduation, if applicable on your resume or application. Thank you!**
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with seniors!
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Prior experience working with seniors preferred. Safe driving record as approved by Milestone using the criteria set out by the company to ensure safe driving practices.
- Must have a valid state driver's license with a good driving record. CDL preferred.
- CPR/First Aid training and certification may be required
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Posting ID: 557692242Posted: 2021-01-11