Manages parts operations within the dealership to provide the highest level of external and internal customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, inventory control, and expense control. Optimizes parts department processes. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel.
Parts managers are responsible for selling parts to customers, in addition to meeting internal repair requirements. They set prices and discount levels and plan promotions to increase sales. ... Parts managers maintain regular contact with major customers to build loyalty and ensure long-term revenue.
- Run an efficient and profitable parts department through productive staffing, customer retention, cost controls and achievement of objectives.
- Promotes and merchandises parts and accessories in conjunction with other store locations
- Creates annual Parts Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organizations financial and operational objectives
- Develops and executes Parts Department marketing plan and monitors monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals
- Maintains an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes a perpetual and/or annual physical inventory and proper counter procedures
- Submits all parts warranty and return claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit
- Maximizes use of all order discount programs to achieve management stock order goals
- Manages recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position
- 2+ years experience in Parts Department operations (Prefer GM Parts experience)
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Complete understanding of financial principles relative to Parts Department operations
- Excellent customer service skills
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
Paid Vacation & Holidays
Employee Discounts on products & services
Promote from Within
Posting ID: 563546735Posted: 2020-07-15