Truven Health Analytics delivers the answers that clients need to improve healthcare quality and access while reducing costs. We provide market-leading performance improvement built on data integrity and empirical truth. For more than 30 years, our insights and solutions have been providing hospitals and clinicians, employers and health plans, state and federal government agencies, life sciences firms, and policymakers the facts they need to make confident decisions that directly affect the health and well-being of people and organizations in the U.S. and around the world.
Truven Health Analytics owns some of the most trusted brands in healthcare, such as MarketScan, 100 Top Hospitals, Advantage Suite, Micromedex, Simpler, ActionOI, Heartbeat Experts, and JWA. Truven Health has its principal offices in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Chicago; and Denver. For more information, please visit truvenhealth.com.
The Sr. Programmer Analyst provides direct programming support as well as mentoring for projects conducted within our Pharma group.
If you meet ALL of the minimum requirements of the position and are interested, please apply directly on our website at: http://bit.ly/1VlfVpa
- Work closely with project team members (Analysts, Research Leaders, Research Assistants, Statisticians) to complete research projects that will meet clients' needs.
- Using report templates, analysis plans and/or project specifications, write SAS DATA STEPs, PROCEDUREs, and MACROs to retrieve "raw" study databases, create summarized patient or hospital discharge level datasets, generate diagnostics and frequencies, and populate Microsoft Excel-ready output tables. Perform statistical testing as required by the project Leader.
- Review and debug SAS code. Perform data investigation on diagnostic, descriptive, and statistical output during course of research project. Suggest and implement changes in methodology based on output review.
- Direct and mentor more junior Programmer/Analyst staff to perform portions of modular project programming process including: FORMAT preparation for clinical reference files, DATASTEP programming to extract data, and MACRO creation to output results in appropriate formats.
- Generate ad hoc query results to support new business development.
- Support training for new hires.
REQUIRED Skills and Experience
- Minimum 7 years SAS programming experience (focus on healthcare/pharmaceutical data).
- Ability to work in a variety of computing environments and with a variety of data structures including PC, UNIX, ORACLE, INFORMIX.
- Experience analyzing and solving complex technical problems.
- Ability to identify data issues and evaluate impact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization and with external clients.
- Proven mentorship skills.
- Time management skills for managing multiple tasks simultaneously, while completing work within allocated time frames.
- Significant experience using Microsoft Applications: Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
PREFERRED Skills and Experience
- Additional database experience desirable.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in health or computer sciences discipline or equivalent experience preferred; graduate level training desirable.
If you meet ALL of the minimum requirements of the position and are interested, please apply directly on our website at: http://bit.ly/1Sju2IR
We seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Truven Health Analytics is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2015 fiscal year (October 1, 2014-September 30, 2015).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Other jobs at Truven Health Analytics, an IBM Company