FLSA: Non- Exempt
Reports to: General Manager
The Cook is responsible for understating of ingredients and food preparations for all menu items. The cook is to ensure that they are providing “Paul” guests with expectational baked goods, pastries, sandwiches, quiches, salads, and other menu items and follow quality and food safety guidelines. Cook is responsible for all aspects of the back of house including but not limited to, waste, cleanliness, food safety, equipment, and product.
- Minimizing levels of wastage by correctly maintaining & storing products and following recipe specifications & preparation guidelines
- Monitoring the quality of bread and all other products being delivered into the shop to ensure that they are suitable for being sold to our customers
- Prepare product range, including Viennoiseries & baked products, whole cakes, tarts & patisserie, salads, sandwiches and other items to the correct guidelines
- Monitoring the quality and consistency of food products before they are served, making sure that no sub-standard items are put out on display or served to customers
- Following Food Safety controls at all times, including making sure all mise-en-place is stored in a clean, labelled, dated and organized manner following correct stock rotation
- Performing all required cleaning duties, and ensuring that all areas of production are maintained to agreed standards of cleanliness & hygiene and left accordingly at the end of your shift
- Following all required procedures for the opening and/ or closing of the shop
- Performing all required cleaning duties, and ensuring that all areas of the shop are maintained to the agreed standards of cleanliness and hygiene and left accordingly at the end of your shift
- To report any faulty or damaged equipment or machinery to the manager
- Assisting in fulfilling orders throughout their shift for carryout, delivery, catering, etc.
- Supporting their team members by assisting them in various tasks that are to be completed throughout the day when needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Previous experience in Food/Beverage, hospitality and/or Bakeries
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work across functional groups in a positive and collaborative manner
- Ability to handle large work volumes requiring a high degree of accuracy and be highly organized
- Detailed oriented and strong work ethic
- Ability to set and handle multiple priorities, adapt to changing situations quickly, follow instructions, schedules and timelines
- Able to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours may vary, Monday thru Sunday or as the job duties demand. Work on holidays may also be required.
This job operates indoor and outdoor environment. 10% travel within the DMV area maybe required.
Cole Hospitality complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Consistent with those requirements, Cole Hospitality will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to communicate with fellow team members and be able to accurately exchange information in these situations; deal with stressful situations and areas of ambiguity within the functions of the job; remain sedentary 10% of the time, but will be required to move about to the company’s location(s) and on the field 90% of the time; operate a computer, office equipment, warehouse and lab equipment, as well as, having the ability to crawl, squat, stretch, twist, reach; lift, push, pull or carry objects (50lbs). The team member also must be able to travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Cole Hospitality, is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against team members and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, protected U.S. military or veteran status, political a
affiliation, genetic information, union activity or any other bases protected by law. All Cole Hospitality employees, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination.