FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
- This individual will have the lead responsibilities for investment operations strategy for FM Global and investments portfolio related operations activities for its operating companies, and the US retirement assets. This is a senior management position within the Investment Department with leadership oversight of Investment Operations staff.
- The individual will also have a key role to play working with the CIO on ensuring a seamless technology framework including software systems tools, platforms for transactional back office, performance, reporting, and interface with the risk analytics framework and portfolio managers.
- The individual will work closely with the CIO, other members of the Investment Department, Treasury, Investment Accounting, custodian, outside software partners, internal risk committee, as well as the key contact person to incorporate outside manager mandates into the portfolios.
- Prior leadership experience in investment operations, for a large investments portfolio is essential and working within a complex multi-entity and multi-account structure is preferred. Strong subject matter expertise, analytical skills, collaboration, communication and alignment with Investments, CIO strategic objectives are essential for success of the candidate.
- Develop, maintain, and run a first-class, accurate Investment Operations department. Including daily performance, cash, risk management reports, and new tools that move the department forward
- Closely monitor daily: transaction flow, cash balances and flows, entity and consolidated compliance, for accuracy and completeness
- Supporting the vision, as well as "can do" attitude to carry out the operating details of the CIO investment vision.
- Liaison with many internal and external contacts that interface with the Investments department - including operational due diligence excellence for external managers.
- Undergraduate degree required: MBA, CFA certification preferred
- 15yrs + in investment operations
- Broad knowledge of investment operations and the investment vehicles used in the creation of diversified portfolios (equity, fixed income, derivatives, currency, options).
- Understanding of accounting, economics, workings of financial markets, trade flow, computer tools (spreadsheets, databases, Bloomberg, FactSet, Burgess, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and sort through large amounts of data, summarize and articulate, verbally and in writing.
- Keen ability to think quantitatively and recognize errors and develop solutions and focus on excellence.
- Sharing knowledge and collaboration with investments and operations staff, and other internal stakeholders - departments and subordinates, with open line of communication as well with the CIO.
- Open mind and flexible thinking with the ability to pivot and incorporate other's ideas, in models and internal reports prepared.
- Manage a small operations staff 3 to 5 personnel.
- Work well in an environment of deadlines.
- Understanding the scope of GAAP and statutory accounting and ERISA guidelines.
- Strong working knowledge of performance calculations, attribution, and risk models.
- Strong mindset and aptitude for compliance and internal controls
Posting ID: 578136602Posted: 2020-10-08