ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Full-Time Logistics Specialist to join the ArcBest team. The Logistics Specialist's primary responsibility is to provide customer service to both internal and external customers, which includes; taking customer orders, giving pricing information, performing consultative sales to customers, explaining services and benefits to customers to assist with procurement of capacity, monitoring service on all requests and shipments, and generating business leads for our sales organization. The Logistics Specialist will also anticipate customer needs, suggest alternatives, and solve problems by resolving customer issues competently and appropriately.
Your contribution may include:
- Support new and existing customer accounts to foster business development.
- Provide prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable service to all internal and external customers.
- Identify and communicate business opportunities into the sales organization (through the Sales Support department).
- Order creation, load procurement, negotiation, freight tendering, and problem resolution.
- Update customers regarding shipments as required via phone, email, and web-based channels.
- Identify customer needs and facilitate communication with owner operators or outside agents to provide the most cost effective means of shipment execution.
- Provide a high level of accuracy in order documentation.
- Understand unique freight handling characteristics and delivery requirements to allow contractors to operate in a safety-oriented environment.
- Assist contractors in obtaining shipment critical information (directions, pick up numbers, tow-related services, etc.) via phone and email communication.
- Monitor shipments from order entry through delivery to ensure on time performance is met.
- Suggest improvements to business processes and procedures when applicable to benefit the corporate goals as well as key stakeholders.
As a Logistics Specialist, you will be a member of the ArcBest Expedite: Operations Team. There are several shift options available: Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm; Monday-Friday 11:00am to 7:00pm; Monday-Friday 2:00pm-10:00pm; and a weekend shift, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- Required Education, Experience, Certification, Licenses, Registration:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Two years of industry experience preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Strong individual initiative
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong customer service skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Professional phone etiquette
- Effective in a fast paced work environment
- Computer knowledge
- Strong prioritization skills and a high level of organization
- Strong active listening skills
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
Posting ID: 571702085Posted: 2020-11-03