Job ID: 192743
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety. Ready Mix - Customer Service Representative
The Shelly CompanyPosition Overview
Under the direction of the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Representative (CSR) will take incoming calls, receive orders, schedule daily deliveries and escalate issues as they arise. Customer Service Representative (CSR) must have extensive knowledge of the service area, preferably in the Transportation and Construction Industry. Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Intake and verify orders via centralized call center with call volumes up to 450 per day.
- Process credit card charges, quote COD orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned, e.g. data entry for key performance indicators, assist in verifying payroll for Concrete Plants.
- Maintain a pleasant and accommodating demeanor over the phone and always demonstrate positive and professional attitude with customers, drivers, batchmen, salesmen, etc.
- Aggressively seek timely solutions to developing problems while fostering lasting business relationships with our customers.
- Develop a positive rapport with Ready Mix Drivers, Team members, and the Customer.
- Schedule, dispatch and control an appropriate level of drivers required to satisfy customer demand while maintaining safety & efficiency goals established by the company.
- Must be able to navigate various GPS systems. Needs to be familiar with our local delivery areas and must be able to assist drivers in finding jobsites.
- Must be able to determine travel time to jobs and best plant locations to service the job.
- Able and willing to work overtime and varying shifts including early mornings, late afternoons, and Saturdays.
- Record accurate delivery and product information on orders, negotiates delivery times with Customers.
- Attention to Detail is imperative to accurately record delivery & product information into Command Dispatch Systems with ability to negotiate delivery times with customers.
- Must be able to perform in high call volume situations while multitasking with plants, team members in the office while sitting for long periods of time.
Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, DOT regulations, and procedure manuals. Ability to comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Proficient with Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Ideally, candidate will have exceptional typing and dictation skills. Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods, use computer, phone frequently, and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.
The employee must occasionally bend, kneel, stand, squat, climb and walk.
The employee must be able to frequently sit, reach, use fine motor skills and use repetitive motion.
This position requires an employee to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.The noise level in the work environment is occasionally very loud and may require protective equipment.Working conditions include working with others.The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americashas a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Date Posted:Sep 25, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
AkronNearest Secondary Market:
Construction, Data Entry, Engineering, Administrative