Warehouse - Receiver & Loader (Forklift)
Job description below :
Must be reliable, punctual and able to work any schedule including weekends and staying past your schedule when needed .
The Job description includes but is not limited to:
- Loading and offloading containers with SIT DOWN forklift , pallet jack or by hand efficiently and to capacity.
- Assure all cargo arrives to its destination without damages and in accordance to customer expectation.
- Match pallet and box reference numbers to loading guides prior to loading to prevent errors.
- Receive freight from various carriers throughout the shift at a sufficient pace and without delays.
- Confirm piece counts and note freight condition and exceptions on drivers BOL.
- Store pallets and boxes in racks with forklift , pallet jack or by hand in order of location using handheld scanners and barcodes.
- Stage outbound shipments using forklift, pallet jack or by hand .
- Pick and pack items in boxes.
- Palletize boxes, shrink wrap and strap multiple pallets.
- Clean and sweep warehouse indoors and outdoors when needed and keep work area and forklifts clean at all times .
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs in sometimes extreme heat.
- Must feel comfortable manipulating oversized freight with forklift.
- Basic knowledge of hazardous materials, MSDS and placards.
- Basic knowledge of TSA compliance requirements such as all entry points locked at all times and no unauthorized access.
- Must be safety oriented, receptive and open to feedback.
- Other general warehousing duties as required.
Qualified candidates should have a minimum of two years prior work experience with all of the following:
- Import/Export container loader / unloader. (2 years )
- LTL Receiving (2 years)
- Hazmat basic knowledge (preferred)
- Forklift Driver (2 years) - Sit Down Forklift
- Forklift Certified - Sit Down Forklift
- Health insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
In order to keep our team members and customers safe all employees must wear a face mask at all times .
Pay Rate: $14.00 p/ hour
Schedule: Monday through Friday possible weekends when needed. 9am-6pm , may be required to come in early on certain days and stay late .
Compensation / Pay Rate (Up to): $14.00 p/ hour
Posting ID: 573626864Posted: 2020-09-15