NAS OPS TDM Network Control Specialist
Location: Melbourne, FL (32919)
Job ID: #59384
12 Month Contract
• Provide technical support for all the Federal Aviation Administration Telecommunication Infrastructure (FTI) network IP services. Support requires physical layer, data link, and network layer knowledge.
• Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within Network Operations Control Center (NOCC), utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
• Perform root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for restoring customer's services.
• Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and minimize disruption and impact to the FAA network.
• Employ test methods to analyze channelized/unchanneled T1, T3, utilizing DACs equipment.
• Utilize test methods to analyze/troubleshoot Ethernet, IP, Frame Relay, ATM, WAN, LAN, SONET, and TDM.
• Work with Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), ILECs, and IXCs to resolve WAN problems.
• Work with onsite field technicians remotely to resolve local issues.
• Expertise in remote maintenance and repair of the following network equipment is preferred: Cisco, Sycamore, and APC.
• Resolve problems using internal and external groups, as needed, to correct trouble on the FTI network and interact with the customer.
• This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
• Networking technologies experience with RF, Sonet and Time Division Multiplexing.
• Experience with call center phone systems and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to support short-term emergency evacuation to local or remote backup facilities.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field. Will consider additional equivalent relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• CCNA Certification - Highly Preferred.
• Networking technologies experience such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, HSRP, ATM, and Frame Relay, is preferred.
• Experience with Network Management tools such as Cisco Prime SNMPc, Orion, and Netflow is a plus.
• Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions is a plus.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.