Exciting things are happening at Papa John's franchise restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU! At Papa John's, people are always our top priority. Our secret ingredient is YOU! Our employees are much like our toppings. They’re all different but come together to make the ultimate pizza! Will you be the pepperoni or the banana pepper to our team!
If you are looking for a fulfilling career flavored with challenging work, mixed with professional development opportunities, a competitive salary, and a collaborative team environment, then look no further! Papa John's seeks people who share our philosophy for success, are looking for quality business practices and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not only the best pizza, but also the best team members! Driven to be the best. Better Ingredients. Better People. ®
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
DESCRIPTION: Papa John’s Assistant Managers assist in managing all functions of a Papa John’s restaurant to ensure that high quality products and service are delivered to our customers. This is accomplished by being a team-oriented leader, making quality decisions, and instilling pride and accountability in team members. Responsibilities include the management of operations, including the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs, and systems, and ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate exemplary operations skills in all aspects of the restaurant including making quality products for our customers and ensuring each delivered product meets Papa John’s standards and accurately reflects the customer’s order. Professionally and promptly respond to all customer concerns or issues.
- Supervise a restaurant team, actively recruit customer-focused team members, maintain adequate staffing levels according to projected sales, properly orient and train team members to exceed customer expectations, ensure compliance with uniform and appearance standards, coach for improved performance, and communicate employment action up to and including termination.
- Contribute to sales goals by providing excellent customer service, team member product training, executing marketing plans, suggestively selling to increase the check average when taking an order, and creating a positive presence in the community.
- Ensure food, labor, and other controllable costs stay within budget by accurately utilizing Company policies, procedures and systems. Execute cash management duties. Plan and manage adequate inventory levels to meet sales demands and minimize loss.
- Ensuring the restaurant is clean, safe, fully equipped and all equipment operates properly, ensure restaurant meets safety and security standards and procedures at all times.
- Pre-delivery vehicle preparation, learning the delivery area, checking orders for quality and accuracy, following proper delivery procedures,
- Perform other assigned workstation duties including taking phone orders, making quality products by working the pizza cutting station and the pizza topping station, distributing door hangers.
- Stock ingredients from delivery area to storage, work area, and walk-in cooler.
- Provide a high level of customer service through positive and professional interaction with customers in person or by phone and acting with a sense of urgency in everything they do.
- Accurately use the POS System, process cash, check and/or credit card transactions.
- Work as part of a team and assist other team members by being on time for their shift; supporting other workstations during their shift, including cleaning, for example sweeping mopping wiping counters; and completing all opening, shift change, and closing duties, including shift cleaning.
- Maintaining organized, safe, and clean work areas; comply with safety and security standards and procedures at all times.
- Comply with uniform and appearance standards.
- Complete all training modules that relate to this position.
- Comply with Team Member Handbook, and with federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Train new team members in all applicable training programs.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED
- Successful and stable employment history with supervisory experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to use hands repetitively, stand for prolonged periods, walk long distances and climb stairs, grasp firmly/strongly and simply/lightly with hands, and use fine finger dexterity. The team member is frequently required to bend over, twist, reach above shoulder level, crouch or stoop, kneel, repetitively use feet, and use head and neck in a twisting or static motion and to look up and/or down, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, the team member is required to sit, climb, balance, push and/or pull, and lift and/or move over 51 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to work outdoors in various temperatures, in a noisy environment, near moving mechanical parts, with dangerous equipment or sharp tools, and around fumes, odors, dust, or toxic chemicals.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a criminal background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to lead others with no supervision.
- Must possess basic math and accounting skills, including invoice reconciliation, debit and credit review, and being able to make correct monetary change.
- Must be able to work long hours, scheduled or unscheduled, which is likely to include nights, weekends, and as emergencies arise.
- Ability to successfully perform the job duties of all positions in the restaurant, including delivery.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license under the laws of the state(s) where the team member works for at least six months, acceptable motor vehicle record, proof of insurance, and satisfactory vehicle.
- Safely and legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to drive during all times of the day or night and may be required to drive in adverse weather conditions.
- Must possess navigational skills, including read a map, locating addresses, and navigating adverse terrain, including multi-story buildings.
- If this team member will work more than 30 hours per week, must be able to have flexibility to work all shifts, including open, close, and middle or split shifts.
- Must be team-oriented and willing to work with team to accomplish team objectives.
- Must be customer-focused with excellent customer-service skills.
- Must be able to independently handle any customer concern with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to effectively deal well with frequent task changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Must possess ability to verbally communicate effectively and clearly, actively listen, and respond effectively to questions.
- Must possess ability to comprehend written instructions.
- Must be complete on any government-required certifications.
- Must be able to work with phones, computers, fax machines and copiers.
- Bilingual in certain markets.
- Must be able to comply with uniform and appearance standards.
Click “Apply Now” to become a part of the Papa John’s family!