L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Description: Job Title: Lead, Procurement & SubcontractsJob ID: AS20201412-54166Job Location: Menlo Park, CAJob Description:
Responsible for obtaining materials, components, services and equipment in a DOD environment -requiring knowledge and understanding of the FAR/DFARs. Work with planning team to assure material requirements are placed against purchase orders in support of production, project and engineering schedules or in the replenishment of inventory levels. You will obtain quotations, examines bids, perform cost analysis reports, write justifications and makes awards per FAR/DFAR requirements. Evaluate vendor reliability, develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate. Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. Support engineering teams for new product project work when required in the development of new specifications for contract orders. Responsible for administering small business plans and acting as SBLO liaison for the division submitting the necessary ISR/SSR reporting information to customers or government agencies. Responsibilities:
- Purchase required materials, equipment, and services in accordance with the established Division and Corporate Procedures and Work Instructions
- Meet established PPV (Purchase Price Variance) targets for cost reduction and cost avoidance
- Initiate and maintain effective and professional relationships with suppliers
- Reviews firm planned and soft copy requisitions in order to obtain written quotations from suppliers and service providers in support of competitive bidding based of DFAR compliance
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, develops evaluation criteria, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes subcontract packages for review, prepares awards and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
- Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures.
- May sign supplier agreements and purchase orders within established authority
- Meets with vendors seeking to establish relationships with the firm. Reviews materials presented and forwards the information to the appropriate purchasing agent along with recommendation as whether the vendor deserves further consideration.
- Select, develop and maintain suppliers capable of meeting quality, cost, timing and technology expectations
- Support L3T's objectives by ensuring supplier commitment to continuous improvement
- Uphold internal and external policies, regulations and laws (FAR, SOX, DFAR, ITAR etc.)
- Provide information / data, through outside contacts, on new materials, equipment, processes, and lead-time to respective department heads for their review
- Advise respective department heads of economic conditions, obsolescence
- Perform price / cost analysis.
- Negotiate cost savings and cost avoidance
- Monitor and expedite open purchase orders to ensure punctual delivery
- Aid in resolution of receiving discrepancies
- Resolve and process accounts payable / invoice discrepancies
- Negotiate the return of non-conforming material and services
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services for subcontract systems in support of development, production and global sustainment for multiple contract types.
- Expedites purchase orders. Notifies departments of the expected delivery date and follows up on back orders.
- Oversees maintenance of an up-to-date filing system on pricing and vendors to ensure immediate and accurate access to information
- Requires a bachelor's degree and/or a minimum of five to ten years of related experience
- Experience within the manufacturing & Aerospace and Defense industry a plus
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of the purchasing department team
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must have effective negotiation and mediation skills
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Able to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Accept direction and able to carry out assignments work with minimum supervision
- Proficient in typing and data entry
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of and experience with ERP systems (INFOR LN a plus)
- APICS or purchasing (ISM) certification a plus
- Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion.
- Ability to type for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Based upon your job duties, and need to visit different areas within the company, you may be exposed to; fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA and ACGIH exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and/or be part of a hearing conservation program due to noise levels around certain equipment.
- May be required to move items 25 pounds for distances of up to 25 feet.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.