Day Shifts & Night ShiftsOverviewHealthcare Services Group (HCSG) typically services long term care and nursing facilities and is now hiring a Sous Chef in your area! HCSG has a custom, state of the art training program! What We Offer!
- Free Telemedicine and Prescription discounts
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available
- Transfers available Nationwide. Great for active Military and Family!
- Employee Assistance Programs
- The Sous Chef prepares and serves food including texture modified and therapeutic diets according to the facility menu.
- Utilizes protective gear in all appropriate functions
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, in line with our established policies and procedures, and, as may be directed by the Dining Services Director or Chef, to ensure that quality dining services are provided at all times.
- The Sous Chef assists in assuring proper receiving, storage, preparation, serving, sanitation, and cleaning procedures are followed.
- The Sous Chef must be detail-oriented, well-groomed, act professionally and must be a team player who works well with others.
- The Sous Chef must assist dietary aides as necessary, and, directs other employees with approval and in the absence of the Dining Services Director.
- The Sous Chef consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Culinary Arts degree or certification or a minimum of five years culinary experience at the Sous Chef level or equivalent.
- Must successfully complete an approved sanitation and safety course (ServSafe).
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand English. Follow directions and complete tasks.
- Ability to follow time schedules for meal preparation and serving.
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance.
- Dependable, with experience working in facilities utilizing quantity food production methods.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good client/customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Posting ID: 609927321Posted: 2021-03-02