This is the job description for HOUSEKEEPING HOUSE PERSON
Job Title: Housekeeping House Person/Utility
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To perform a combination of tasks which maintain hotel premises in a clean and orderly manner, thereby contributing to a pleasant, positive guest experience.
1. Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker
rooms and other work areas.
2. Abides by the regulations set forth by the material safety data sheets when using chemicals.
3. Moves/arranges furniture and dusts/polishes furniture, metalwork and equipment.
4. Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms and mops and powered scrubbing
and waxing machines. Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum
5. Collects soiled linens for laundering and receives and stores linen supplies in linen closet.
6. Cleans bathrooms and replenishes with supplies.
7. Refurnishes room with supplies, towels etc. as required. Supplies cleaning cart with
appropriate supplies for shift.
8. Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork; washes windows, door panels, and sills.
9. Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays. Transports trash and waste to
10. Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use hands to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy.
2. Understand simple instructions.
3. Learn simple procedures and techniques.
4. Perform routine work or the same task over and over again.
Education High school diploma required
Experience None required
Posting ID: 74239451Posted: 2021-03-01