Full benefits available after 30 days of employment! Full-time, direct hire position!
Job Summary: (100% Travel Required)
The Lead Communication Tech will act as the on-site coordinator and crew supervisor for voice and data installation projects. The Lead's task will be to ensure job completion according to Company and customer quality and safety requirements while supervising the efficiency of the staff assigned to the project.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Consistently run major project crews; assume responsibility for effective performance and provide necessary training; assume responsibility for adherence to Company and customer safety and quality guidelines and hold weekly safety meetings; initiate performance related communications and escalate to Project Manager if necessary.
2. Coordinate with Project Manager to ensure productivity, job completion and compliance with project budget.
3. Fully complete all IES COMMERCIAL and project paperwork accurately and on time (specifically timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required).
4. Perform quality checks; coordinate moves and cut sheets for voice and data cross connects; prepare red-lined as-built drawings.
5. Serve as main on-site customer contact for questions and/or concerns; attend facility and constructions meetings when required.
6. Perform work consistently demonstrating a detailed level of technical knowledge; troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they arise.
7. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, cable stripper, flashlight and gloves.
Trade Tools: punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, Krone/3M/BIX, butt set, volt-ohmmeter, 4-pair continuity tester and 5-gang punch tool
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
• Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
• Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
• Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
• Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
• Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
• Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
• Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency
• Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical field.
• Must be able to terminate fiber.
• Must possess a minimum of six (6) months supervisory and/or managerial experience.
• Must possess and be able to effectively use the tools listed above.
• Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
• Must know the universal communications color codes.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project)
• Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
BICSI Certification preferred.