The Mammography Technologist is responsible for performing radiographic procedures under the direction of a physician using imaging modalities at a technical level not requiring constant supervision; performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation; assumes responsibilities for designated areas or procedures as required; performing patient services using imaging modalities, applying principles of radiation protection, evaluating radiographs for technical quality, exercising professional judgment in the performance of procedures, providing patient care.
The Mammography Technologist is responsible for performing radiographic procedures under the direction of a physician using imaging modalities at a technical level not requiring constant supervision; performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation; assumes responsibilities for designated areas or procedures as required; performing patient services using imaging modalities, applying principles of radiation protection, evaluating radiographs for technical quality, exercising professional judgment in the performance of procedures, providing patient care. Education:
- Graduate of a JRCERT accredited school of radiologic technology or equivalent.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or registry eligible with successful completion of the ARRT registry within six months of employment required.
- Licensed by the State of Indiana.
- BLS required
- Demonstrated knowledge to treat patients of all ages, Universal Precautions, and Right to Know.
- Demonstrated skills and critical thinking in patient care and customer service.
- Performs mammographic procedures as ordered by a Licensed Independent Practitioner. Is proficient in all aspects of mammography including screening, diagnostic and assisting the radiologist with interventional procedures such as but not limited to procedures like mammotome and needle locations. Selects proper technical factors on an individual basis. Evaluates for acceptable image quality. Assists physicians in the administration of radiopaque contrast agents for procedures such as ductograms.
- Demonstrates ability to perform quality control measures and take action as necessary to achieve accreditation standards of operation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the patients served. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patients. Demonstrates the ability to access data reflective of the patient's status dependent on the patient population served. Interprets information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her population-specific needs. Modifies and delivers care that is specific to the age and growth development of the patient.
- Provides radiation protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Documents patient and examination data appropriately in the electronic medical record. Ensures coding of procedures is appropriate.
- Creates a work environment that promotes safety for patients, staff, and customers. Follows all infection control policies. Reports any safety concern or near miss on the appropriate reporting system. Maintains awareness of safety at all times.
- Assures proper use and care of the equipment. Keeps supplies stocked in assigned areas and replenishes what is used.
- Commitment to Purpose and Community Cares Standards of Behavior - Demonstrates a commitment to the organization's mission, vision and values supporting organizational decisions and behaviors. Contributes to the development and implementation of systems and processes ensuring strategic goal attainment. Actively participates, models and supports work aligned with the five pillars (Quality, Service, People, Finance, and Growth). Actively participates, models, and supports positive behaviors and transparent communications.
- Developing Expertise - Takes action to continue to develop and acquire new expertise that is of increasing value to the organization
- Relationships, Conversation and Collaboration - Works as part of a team with others, and shows respect and values diversity toward others.
- Service Orientation - Demonstrates efforts to discovering, meeting and advocating for the customer's needs. Actively participates to improve the patient experience.
- Excellence Orientation - Takes actions to continually improve quality and safety in daily work. Actively participates in improving work processes to meet and exceed customer requirements. Identifies opportunities for improvement based on process observation, outcome measures, and feedback from patients and other customers. Reports errors in a timely and appropriate manner. Takes initiative and is accountable for areas of responsibility meeting regulatory requirements including but not limited to maintaining annual TB testing, completing annual mandatories, and maintaining current registration/certification/licensures as appropriate to position requirements.
- Problem Solving - The ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces or tracing the implications in a step-by-step way.
- Initiative - The identification of a problem, obstacle, or opportunity and proactively taking action to address current or future problems/opportunities.
- Impact and Influence - The ability to persuade, convince, influence, or impress others (individuals or groups) in order to get them to go along with or to support one's opinion or position. The key is to understand others, since Impact and Influence is based on the desire to have a specific impact or effect on others.
- Organizational Awareness - The ability to understand and learn the influence relationships in one's own organization or in other organizations (e.g., key stakeholders, suppliers, etc.). This includes the ability to identify who the real decision makers are; the individuals who can influence them; and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the organization.
Posting ID: 588093392Posted: 2020-11-19