Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Maintenance Tech III
for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with 3-5 years of industry experience. Responsibilities
Responsible for executing maintenance, including: diagnosing problems and making repairs in order to maintain the physical condition of the community according to operating and safety standards and to ensure that service requests and repairs are made in a timely manner. Reports To:
- Sr. Maintenance Manager/Maintenance Manager/Maintenance Supervisor
- No Direct Reports; may assist in supervising Maintenance Technicians I and II with responsibility for scheduling, work assignments, training, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
- Non-exempt/Hourly - eligible for overtime. Compensation includes base salary.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, painting/wallpaper, water features (pools, spas, etc.), and waste management systems.
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a timely manner.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks.
- Ensure vacant apartment homes are rent-ready in a timely manner. Perform turnkey work as required.
- Assist in the preparation of staff work and preventive maintenance schedules, maintenance budgets, as well as maintaining an inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing the appropriate level of service.
- Inspect community's grounds and buildings on a daily basis to identify maintenance needs.
- Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Apply all applicable EP policies and procedures such as, but not limited to company operating and safety standards. Train and promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
- All other tasks or duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- May assist in supervising the work of other associates and or outside contractors.
- Must maintain professional appearance including adherence to dress code as required.
- Ability to model and demonstrate the behaviors listed on the Maintenance Management Core Competencies.
- Participate in the Emergency On-Call rotation for the property.
- Live within 45 minutes' drive of the community.
- Your schedule will be based on the business needs and is subject to change at any time
- May be asked to perform the work of a Maintenance Technician I / II.
Posting ID: 609636480Posted: 2021-03-05