We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI ACTS Competencies:
• Acts as a Business Owner: Understands and executes the principles of business operations to run an efficient and successful store that serves customers and contributes to the growth of the district, division and overall ALDI organization.
• Demonstrates a Positive Attitude and Resilience: Adapts positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change in order to achieve and sustain peak effectiveness.
• Develops Others: Takes action to ensure that individuals and the team have the necessary skills and behaviors to perform optimally and meet store needs now and in the future.
• Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies and procedures, and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand customer needs to create value, drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Leads & Aligns: Creates an energizing environment that supports the success of the store by providing direction, motivation, clarity, resources and support to excel in the current environment and in times of change.
• Sustains High Performance: Sets clear performance expectations and monitors progress against standards with a focus on achieving excellent results.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Prior work experience in a retail environment and prior management experience.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including: electric/ and manual hand jacks, floor scrubber and cardboard baler.
• Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
• Ability to recommend, interpret and/or apply ALDI operating policies and procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Performs basic administrative duties such as filing and filling out forms.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to supervise store personnel in the store manager's absence to ensure the timely and effective completion of work assignments.
• Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and overtime expenses.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
• Full-Time Manager Trainees will often train at multiple locations and must have flexibility to travel within divisional requirements.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.