Primary Purpose of Position:
The Bar Attendant provides a great customer experience by providing attentive, friendly, knowledgeable service and answering customer questions while maintaining eye-appealing fresh food on the breakfast/salad bar to our customers and maintaining high levels of cleanliness, attentiveness and food control.
- Upon opening or beginning of a shift, cleans bar fixtures, utensils, food preparation surfaces, floors, doors, walls and storage areas according to sanitation guidelines.
- Cuts, trims and wraps fruit and vegetables, and prepares products per recipe as necessary.
- Practices safe food handling and sanitation practices.
- The Bar Attendant quickly unloads and rotates incoming shipments and neatly stocks items in the designated areas without damaging merchandise, while following approved procedures for dating, storing and rotating.
- Maintains appropriate bar and display, by cleaning, filling, straightening, rotating the product and maintaining the appropriate temperatures.
- In addition to ensuring the salad/breakfast bar is properly and fully stocked, provides exemplary customer service by assisting guests as needed and making sure managers receive customer comments and suggestions.
- At the completion of their shift will, cleans and sanitizes the salad bar and all its compartments as much as possible in preparation for closing.
- Disassembles and flattens all packing boxes, removes trash, sanitize all surfaces and sweeps the floor.
- Cleans the oven as necessary.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English
- Good memory, math and organizational skills
- Must be a 'team player' and be able to multi-task
- Preferred experience with restaurant POS software platforms
- Preferred Food Safety Training
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Environment is interior of restaurant typically on carpeted and/or tile floors with changing surfaces (spills, grease, and debris)
- Good hearing, visual and speaking skills
- Ability to be on feet during entire shift
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, stoop, kneel, stretch, reach, push, pull and regularly lift and carry up 30 pounds., and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences
- Mobility of hands, fingers, wrists and elbows
- Must be able to wear and constantly put on/take off/change single use gloves while handling raw/ready to eat foods
- Must be able to handle sharp knives, cutting equipment periodically using safety gloves
- Maintain good personal hygiene
Posting ID: 558053759Posted: 2020-10-15