Black Rifle Coffee Company is disrupting the coffee market as a premium, small-batch, roast-to-order, veteran-owned business. We have a love for coffee, dogs, the outdoors, America, and most importantly, our customers! We are more than a product and more than a company; we are a culture. A culture full of motivated men and women who roll up their sleeves and get the job done with integrity, love, innovation, and radical transparency. Join us as we take action on our commitment to provide quality coffee and give back to the veteran and first responder communities and those who support it.
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting the San Antonio location. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 6+ years of HR experience
- Proven experience handling complex employee relation issues
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Communication skills: The job requires good listening, speaking, and writing skills
- Organizational skills: The HR manager must be able to easily access and store many types of information daily.
- Confidentiality: The HR manager handles confidential and sensitive information that must not be shared with others.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision package
- Company-paid life insurance + supplemental options
- Short and Long-Term disability options/coverage
- Extensive EAP program with legal coverage
- Dog friendly and irreverently humorous work environment
- American values-based culture built on freedom, integrity, accountability, respect, love, and commitment to serve those who have served.
BRCC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law. All selected candidates will be required to submit to a pre-employment background check.
Posting ID: 609778209Posted: 2021-03-04