Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
· Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Inform customers of grocery specials.
- Strive for at least five items in the bag while ensuring that contents or items are not damaged.
- Follow best practices for bagging items in various types of bags (reusable/plastic/paper).
- Assist in removing customer's merchandise from bottom of bascart for checkout.
- Offer assistance to customers with loading bags into their car.
- Return merchandise to store shelves.
- Gather bascarts and return them to designated areas.
- Understand the store's layout and have the ability to locate products and conduct price checks for cashiers.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Clean up spills as needed, collect and pick up trash inside store and parking lot.
- Clean all areas inside and outside of store.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Collaborate with Front-end associates to encourage teamwork.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
- Retail Experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MI || Milan || 531 W Main St || 48160 || Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Front End; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Posting ID: 560496250Posted: 2020-06-15