Job Description The Co-Manager manages the day to day operation of the store as Manager On-Duty in conjunction with the management team to maximize sales and customer service. The Co-Manager may also be responsible for one of the following categories: book, buyback, or media.Roles and Responsibilities
- Maximizes profits and customer service by operating the store in adherence with all store policies and guidelines.
- Operates the store as the Manager On-Duty in accordance with the MOD Responsibilities Policy.
- Works with the Management team to achieve a grade of "B" or higher on each Store Appraisal Report.
- Maintains the physical security of the Second & Charles store they are assigned, and in doing so is a key-holding member of management.
- Ensure customer satisfaction on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensuring that all customers are greeted, invited back, and satisfied with their purchases.
- Customer complaints are handled to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Daily maintenance of category merchandising in all departments.
- Maintaining all aspects of the store's operational requirements in order to ensure that exemplary customer service standards are achieved daily.
- Sales, payroll, inventory, merchandising and housekeeping functions at all times.
- Ensures consistent standards and training for determining book conditions and purchase prices.
- Reviews buying reports for all buyers to ensure compliance with Second & Charles policies and standards.
- Monitor process times for book buying. Ensure that process is operating most efficiently at all times.
- Supervise the following Associates/Departments to achieve maximum sales and profits:
- Reviews transaction reporting for all intake associates to ensure acceptable credit/cash ratio.
- Reviews transaction reporting for all cashiers to monitor line item markdowns, voids, and compliance with Second & Charles policies and standards.
- Monitors process times for new product intake/offer completion. Ensure that process is operating most efficiently at all times.
- Maintain POS/Intake supply levels.
- Perform audits to ensure that all cash handling procedures are being followed by Associates/Managers.
- Communicate supply needs to General Manager weekly.
- Complete additional assignments as needed.
Job RequirementsQualifications and Education Requirements
- 21 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisor role
- Successful completion of all required background screenings
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Computer and cash register skills
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift or team lift objects up to 50 lbs., with or without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.
Posting ID: 559874485Posted: 2020-10-19