- Exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by preparing the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience.
- Build relationships with and educate our customers in order to create sales.
- Receive, process, cut, trim, scrape, package, tie, wrap, weigh, price and label meat products more than 50% of the time on average.
- Process special customer requests, including special cuts of meat, as necessary.
- Maintain meat supplies and identify all cuts of meat.
- Collaborate with management in decision-making, direction and implementation to ensure that operational and sales goals are met.
- Provide training as needed through product knowledge and expertise.
- Prepare, finish, slice, merchandise, and stock product as needed.
- Maintain proper department conditions (e.g., shelf, case, sales floor, backroom, freezer, and cooler, etc.).
- Maintain inventory and order adequate product as assigned (e.g., in stock position, inventory management, days on hand, shrink).
- Operate, clean, and maintain equipment/machinery, tools, and workstations.
- Periodically oversee and direct workflow as assigned.
- Previous perishable foods handling and/or preparation experience preferred.
- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence™ through Big Y’s Firm Foundations™ (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for food through interactive sales techniques.
- Must project a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
- Ability to operate within company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
Posting ID: 64290536Posted: 2020-07-31