Department: MA Pharmacy
Post End Date: 11/27/2020
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Pharmacy Coordinator
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and inspire associates to deliver excellent customer service. Establish and maintain a safe, clean environment that encourages customers to return. Achieve sales / profit goals established for the department, control all established quality assurance standards / expenses, and properly schedule / staff technicians to the needs of the business. Monitor functions, duties and activities for the department. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fulfill prescription needs of customers while concentrating on accuracy of every prescription filled. Provide patient counseling and pharmaceutical care to customers as necessary.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws (including HIPAA) governing the practice of pharmacy.
- Develop budgets / achieve goals related to pharmacy sales, gross profit, number of prescriptions and inventory. Monitor progress versus objectives.
- Achieve professional image through personal appearance, conduct, attitude and physical condition of the pharmacy. Adhere to pharmacy standards. Enforce company dress standards.
- Achieve thorough knowledge of trade area, customers and competition.
- Create Pharmacy department image of service, friendliness and cooperativeness with customers, company employees and vendors.
- Monitor stock replenishment, inventory levels, policy and procedures, record keeping, security, sanitation, scheduling, proper operation of all equipment, pricing, planograms, returns, budgets, reports to management, and product recalls per company policy.
- Maintain proper records, inventory and security on all scheduled drugs (controlled substances-narcotics).
- Follow procedures for handling pharmacy products from authorized sources - Peyton being primary source.
- Ensure all tools including the accuracy scanner and 24-Hour Post Dispensing Audit are utilized appropriately.
- Represent Pharmacy department in store and department head meetings.
- Establish and maintain all record keeping necessary for legal compliance, Kroger policy, Accounting policy and other reports requested.
- Maintain clean, neat work area, work counter, shelves, floor and customer counter to present a professional, sanitary, organized image to customers.
- Insure all pharmacists' pictures, diplomas and licenses are visibly displayed to customers.
- Control expenses through proper ordering.
- Insure all product returns are handled in a timely fashion per company policy.
- Maintain all equipment in working condition: computers, printers, accuracy scanner, and cash register.
- Maintain and organize all policy manuals, reference books, state laws and required equipment and verify all staff knowledgeable of use.
- Maintain proper signing in all areas: store hours, counseling / service signs, pharmacists' photographs and names, and other signs requested.
- Make a strong and continuous effort to broaden personal knowledge and skill on pharmacy.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy
- Current State Pharmacist Licensure in good standing
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Pharmacy Manager (1-2 years)
- Second language (speaking, reading, and/or writing)
Education Level: Pharmacy Degree (BS-Pharmacy/PharmD) Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: VA || Clifton Forge || 1618 Main St || 24422 || Kroger Stores || None || Pharmacy || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || Pharmacy Board License