About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main's 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn more.
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all DOT regulations and safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site. Operate trucks to pick up and deliver products, supplies and equipment to and from organization, supplier and customer sites. Duties may involve complex pickups and deliveries, e.g., night deliveries, transport of dangerous and hazardous materials.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc. Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery. Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery location.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Core & Main policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck as needed.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at customer's site.
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking all incoming material.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
- 1 year of commercial driving experience compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations
- Must be twenty one years of age
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Have a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) issued by the state in which the candidate resides with all the relevant endorsements required for type of equipment being operated (i.e. HazMat to transport hazardous materials that require placarding).
- Forklift certification preferred.
Posting ID: 567384676Posted: 2020-09-20