At Citizens, everything is driven by tech and that is why we doubled our investment to build an in-house tech firm. This effort will help us create next-gen services and technologies to deliver innovative solutions. Bring your passion for what's possible and your critical thinking to work. Use our modern tech stack that combines unique frameworks, tools and programming languages to help design the future as we transform technology across Citizens and impact the lives of millions.
In this role, you will focus on building a digital workplace experience that brings together a wide-range of products and initiatives to make the technology used by our 18,000 colleagues even better. You will lead a team of inquisitive technologists to deliver critical company goals. Using agile methods, you will lead deployments and improvements that impact our colleagues' day-to-day computing experience, which will allow all colleagues to collaborate more effectively.
The Director of Software Engineering for Digital Workplace Experience will lead an engineering operation that encompasses a wide range of products and initiatives that focus on the technology leveraged by the Citizens workforce. In this exciting role, you will help transform the computing experience and collaboration capabilities for 18K plus colleagues through your leadership, innovation and strategic thinking.
The position will entail the management and performance of a team of inquisitive technologists, as well as the completion of strategic mission-driven goals. As Director, you will be a key contributor and leader in the space of technological innovation and improvement.
The Director of Software Engineering will be responsible for:
- Supporting the technology strategy and roadmap to deliver a world class digital workplace experience, leveraging user journeys and personas to elevate the employee value proposition and internal technology NPS.
- Managing all products, services and vendor relationships within the digital workplace portfolio including deployments, enhancements and day to day operations.
- Working with Product Owners to integrate and prioritize journey requirements and backlog items for Digital Workplace agile teams.
- Offering leadership to a team of highly motivated technologists, ensuring teams have appropriate guidance, technical specifications and resources to deliver quality solutions while maintaining an ambitious timeline.
- Building and continuously improving a process infrastructure of tools and guidelines for software development and enhancement projects.
- Maintaining and implementing waterfall and agile design methodology, encouraging a team-wide culture of productivity and accountability.
- Employing a risk-based management approach to cyber security, evaluating and limiting vulnerabilities during the design process through industry best practices.
- 12+ years of hands-on software development experience with a proven record of successfully developing employee-facing, reliable and scalable products
- 10+ years of relevant managerial experience, managing teams of technologists and engineers
- Excellent understanding of engineering software processes, methodologies (agile, waterfall, SCRUM and life-cycle), configuration management, release management and systems verification and test
- Experience with leading virtual and desktop-based computing platforms, real time and content-based collaboration applications, and managing the Microsoft suite of products
- Proven experience of building strong, cohesive partnerships with the business, technology and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities on concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable navigating large corporate structure to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Comfortable making and owning difficult decisions
Education and Certifications
Why Work for Us
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
- Preferred: Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent's reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.