We are looking for skilled Restaurant Employees to join our team! We are looking for individuals who love customer service and strive to provide a positive interaction with each customer! The Restaurant Employee provides outstanding customer service to each customer, prepares and serves to food to customers at the counter or drive-thru, and maintains the cleanliness of the restaurant.
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successful company which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and the communities we serve can count on.
- Performs all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, and if applicable, Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure that preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
- Operates switchboard and records customer order, repeats order in a clear and understandable manner.
- Operates drive-thru window and sales register and makes accurate change quickly and efficiently.
- Prepares fountain drinks and ice cream items.
- Prepares food by cutting and chopping food items and cooking on grill or in fryers.
- Prepares food orders efficiently within 2-3-minute time frame.
- Packages all menu items into bags or trays and places drink orders into drink carriers.
- Serves food to customers in an efficient manner in the drive-thru and as necessary when working in other Basic Stations.
- Moves food product weighing up to 50 lbs. into freezer and shelves stacked from floor to ceiling.
- Routinely disposes of trash by transporting bags outside and into dumpsters.
- Cleans all areas of drive-thru, including mopping, sweeping, washing dishes, wiping counter-tops and emptying used grease.
- Performs frequent washing and sanitizing of: food areas, food preparation tools, and hands.
- Displays the importance of placing guests' needs first on a consistent basis.
- Responds to guests' requests in a respectful manner. Promptly reports complaints to a member of the drive-in management team.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or required.
- Effective communication skills
- Basic math and basic reading skills.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Complies with all restaurant policies and procedures, and all health and sanitation laws and regulations.
- Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning.
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations required; QSR preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work any shift including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Frequent exposure to heat and hot liquid shortening while cooking.
- Frequent exposure to freezer when stocking food items.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures based on variable weather conditions.
The Fikes Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting ID: 571331570Posted: 2020-09-03