Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: firstname.lastname@example.org Job Summary
Under limited supervision, manage and develop a portfolio of commercial relationships and ensure retention of total client assets and net growth in relationships, while complying with established Associated Banc-Corp risk management and credit policy, business strategy and regulatory guidelines. The Relationship Manager will work closely with internal partners to facilitate the development of new business relationships as well as develop prospects through COIs and other proactive measures. The Relationship Manager will play a vital role in the growth and development of the commercial banking portfolio and market share. Primary focus will be to profile and work collaboratively with internal partners to sell/cross-sell commercial products to our existing client base, as well as to prospects. The Relationship Manager will build deposits, loans, fee income and refer appropriate customers and prospects to all applicable cross-sell partners, including Commercial Deposits & Treasury Management (CDTM), Capital Markets, Private Banking, Private Client and Institutional Services, Associated Benefits and Risk Consulting, Retail Bank-at-work, etc.Job Accountabilities
- Responsible for loan and deposit growth through client portfolio, centers of influence and other proactive measures to grow market share, as well as retain / grow existing portfolio. Client and prospect calling activity consists of telephone, in person calling and working collaboratively with internal partners.
- The position is responsible for working collaboratively with internal partners to cross sell all bank products and services, especially non-borrowing services, including Commercial Deposit & Treasury Management (CDTM), Capital Markets, Private Banking, Private Client & Institutional Services, Associated Benefits and Risk Consultants, Employee Benefit Services, Retail Bank-at-work, etc., to our existing client base and to prospective customers.
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established Associated Banc-Corp credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
- The Relationship Manager is to develop commercial banking relationships by profiling and analyzing financial data, along with the Portfolio Manager, to determine the merits of specific loan requests and recommend structure.
- Provide financial advice and counsel to clients and prospective clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment and general banking trends though bank approved sources.
- Make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank's loan approval process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits, along with the Portfolio Manager.
- Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank. Establish referral contacts within the community. Serve on community, corporate or not-for-profit boards, as applicable.
- Identify needs and refer customers to partners within and across lines of business who can best meet those needs.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline or equivalent related experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
- 4-7 years Commercial banking or business to business sales experience. Strong business development skills, strong credit skills, strong knowledge of non-borrowing products, past track records of sales and client management success. Required
- Must have access to reliable transportation and the ability to lawfully drive self, if applicable. by start date, Required
Fully complies with all applicable enterprise policies and procedures. Acts in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in training materials, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act. Responsible for reporting suspicious activity to Financial Intelligence. Responsible to report all customer complaints as prescribed and procedure violations to management or HR. Responsible to report ethical concerns as needed to Associated's anonymous Ethics Hotline.
Associated Bank is committed to working diligently with any colleague who needs an accommodation perform the essential functions of the job. Please contact the Leaves & Accommodations office to request an accommodation.
Posting ID: 577817153Posted: 2020-10-20