A career in our Financial Services Enabling Technologies practice, within Industry and Functional Apps services, will provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to improve our clients' user experience. As part of our team, you'll help clients harness technology systems in financial services focusing on areas such as insurance, sales performance management, retirement and pension, asset management, and banking & capital markets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Computer Applications, Management Information Systems, Engineering and Business
Guidewire technical certifications in Policy Center, Billing Center and /or Claim Center
Knowledge of P&C Insurance domain (Policy, Claims, and Billing applications as per product requirements).
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with Java or GOSU programming.
- Knowledge of J2EE, Application Servers, XML/Web Services/ RDBMS.
- Previous experience associated with the design, development, modification and deployment of software, including object-oriented programming concepts with using design standards and best practices.
- Policy Center, Billing Center and/or Claim Center Configuration development experience with relevant certification. Minimum Guidewire version is 7.x and above.
- Experience with Agile methodology, Source version control, and Release management.
- Any experience leading a team of developers is a plus.
- Working with offshore teams with different times is preferred.
- Experience working with Product Model Designer, Rating Engine on Policy Center is a plus.
- Prior experience in: planning, designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and maintaining GOSU language application code within Guidewire Policy Center, Billing Center and/or Claim Center. Configures screen layouts, including creation of new screens (PCFs). - Experience writing business rules and other business logic.
- Experience configuring operational and administration related parameters such as roles and permissions, user attributes regions, activity patterns etc.
- Experience resolving issues identified during testing in regards to the configuration requirements.
- Experience working within a development team using Agile methodology to deliver User stories.
- Experience assisting in GOSU code reviews, code cleanups and perform sprint demos.
- Experience handling the responsibility of organizing code merges and environment management tasks.
- Prior experience performing minor and major Guidewire software upgrades.
- Previous experience managing projects and team members.