Caribou Coffee At Caribou Coffee we create day-making experiences that spark a chain reaction of GOOD! This is our purpose. Our team brings this to life by focusing on what's really important around here - TEAM, GUEST, QUALITY! It's that simple. If you're ready to work somewhere you can be yourself while making an impact on your community, creating life-long relationships, and serving the best coffee around, join our herd! Apply today and be part of the 'BouCrew! Position Mission:
To roast and package the industry's finest coffee through development of sound roasting and packaging skills and techniques. This mission is most effectively achieved through craft roasting, maintaining package integrity, daily quality assurance exercises, and machine maintenance. Responsibilities Include:
- Blends, roasts, and delivers coffee products to the packaging department as production schedules demand.
- Packages coffee delivered to packaging department as production schedules demand.
- Brings any issues pertinent to production directly to Team Lead, Production Supervisor, and/or Senior Manager of Coffee Operations.
- Communicates any issues concerning machinery problems to Team Lead, Production Roastery Supervisor, Senior Manager of Coffee Operations and/or Engineering Department.
- Maintains all production and inventory records for accurate roasting and packaging documentation.
- Participates in daily production QA activities in order to monitor quality control and to develop craft-roasting techniques.
- Executes necessary quality assurance procedures "on the floor".
- Maintains all production quality assurance documentation pertinent to roasting, packaging, & cupping.
- Maintains strong communications/relations with Coffee Department.
- Maintains all maintenance programs & schedules as directed by Senior Manager of Coffee Operations.
- Performs all maintenance actions as listed on Production Roastery maintenance programs & schedules.
- Assigns and checks Production Team Member tasks.
- Alerts Team Lead, Production Roastery Supervisor, and/or Senior Manager of Coffee Operations to any safety & facility/equipment concerns in roasting, packaging, and green coffee warehousing.
- Maintains established standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Maintains strong communications/relations with Engineering Department.
- Understanding and compliance with all Food Safety and related programs, such asbut not limited to GMP's, SSOPs, and Adverse Health Policy.
- Participates in training of new Team Members.
- Operation of one or two Packaging or Roasting machines, or Grinding.
Other duties as may be assigned Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must possess clear written and verbal communications.
- Organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance.
- Adhere to company policies, programs, and work rules.
- Perform work in a timely and workmanship like manner.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Able to take direction and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently.
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
High school diploma or GED with at least 1 year production experience as a machine technician or in operations leadership.
At least 1 year of formal training in the coffee industry inside or outside of Caribou is strongly desired. Physical Demands:
The physical demands for this position are:
Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds 20% of the shift.
- Must be able to work on your feet over 9 straight hours.
- Must be able to endure constant leaning and bending during shift.
- Must be able to handle/move up to 750 pound bins on casters.
These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations. The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.Caribou Coffee is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Address: 3900 Lakebreeze Ave N, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55429
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou Coffee reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the company or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Company") are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and do not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.