Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.Summary
Responsible for developing and directing the systems, processes and personnel required to prepare effective and prudent long term system plans for each of the four Xcel Energy operating utilities. Also responsible for developing and directing the systems, processes and personnel required to conduct effective and fair power solicitation processes to procure needed power and energy to meet native load demand and energy requirements and achieve cost reductions in the Xcel supply portfolios. Responsible for acquisition of up to 800 MW per year of additional capacity and for management of the various state resource planning processes in a manner to fulfill requirements and meet company objectives meeting native load requirements and company asset growth goals. Essential Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction for long term electric resource planning and power acquisition activities of the operating companies of Xcel, including system resource planning, integrated resource plan development and presentation, regulatory filings, solicitation of power supplies, model power supply agreement development, evaluation of planning alternatives, development of preferred portfolios of new resources, and implementation / management of contracts for new supplies.
- Direct planners in the financial, operational and regulatory analysis and modeling of long-term system planning issues including technology choice, timing, environmental and buy-build decisions. Also responsible for directing and leading the development and implementation of plans to reduce the cost of Xcel energy supply.
- Provide leadership and direction for the resource/system planning, process and modeling improvements to integrate the resource planning and acquisition activities of multiple Xcel operating companies to capture synergies, cost savings and to create market opportunities.
- Provide leadership and direction for the resource/system planning, process and modeling improvements to address and incorporate changing industry structure and organization (e.g. open access, competitive markets, RTOs, merchant plant development, etc.,) and changing power development production risks including new technologies, new environmental concerns and policy changes. Provide leadership and direction for developing and advancing process and regulatory changes related to resource planning that advance Xcel's strategy and plans for de-regulation, restructuring and plant asset growth.
- Testify before state regulatory commissions on resource planning processes, requirements and results and obtain approvals of company plans.
- Direct the development and system modeling for all long term system and resource planning. Direct the improvement in system models, techniques and process that will lead to better analytical results and better decisions.
- Direct the work efforts of the department: provide coaching and direct the development of analytical, modeling and planning skills of each member of the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business (6 years related experience may substitute for the degree)
- 8 years of experience with power supply agreements, power system planning or power system operations
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Strategy Plng and Ext Affairs || 25410:Resource Planning || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 24045
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Law, Sustainability, Management, Engineering, Legal, Energy
Posting ID: 564755209Posted: 2020-08-07