Admissions & Marketing Director AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
6501 West 75th Street
Overland Park, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
· AdventHealth Care Center's mission to "Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ"
· The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
· The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization's mission
· The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
· Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be "Greater as a Whole"
Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Works directly with the other departments in completing responsibilities for facility marketing and admissions of new residents.
· Process all inquiries received by the facility.
· Conduct facility tours for prospective residents and/or their relatives.
· Provide education to residents and families regarding the services available at the facility and the resources that are provided to residents based on individual resident needs.
· Coordinates preadmission procedures, handouts, and required paperwork.
(A) Through pre-admission contacts, obtains assessment of the potential resident's needs, diagnosis, special equipment needs, services that will be needed, etc. and informs the facility Interdisciplinary team of these needs to ensure a smooth admission process.
(B) Insures all needed and required paperwork is completed timely.
· PASSAR information and forms are completed prior to admission.
· An Attending Physician who will be responsible for the care of the resident after admission has been designated by the resident/family prior to admission. Orders by the Physician are available on admission.
· Transfer information is complete with all needed information including copies of related tests, examination reports, etc. to insure continuity of care for the resident after admission.
· Identifies DNR status, copies of Living Wills and Health Care Proxy information at the time of admission to the facility.
· Ensures that admission to the facility is made only if the needs of the resident can be met by the facility per the admission criteria policy.
· Obtains resident financial data and pertinent information of Medicare status and coverage available to insure admission are made with the resident's resources used as appropriate and to work as the advocate of the resident to insure coverage that is available to the resident is utilized most appropriately.
· Admission procedures in each department are coordinated by the Admission Coordinator to ensure facility mission and policies are implemented in meeting new resident needs.
· Information on Resident Rights and how to apply and use Medicare and Medicaid benefits are prominently displayed in the facility and are reviewed at the time of admission with the resident/family as appropriate. Documentation of this review is retained in the facility records.
· Coordinates the Admission process with the facility by assisting the resident, responsible party, and supportive others in the adjustment and orientation to the facility.
· Responsible for providing the resident with orientation to the facility, unit, and the admission paperwork in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
· If the resident is unable to participate in this orientation and admission process, the designated surrogate/responsible party will be provided orientation and complete the admission paperwork.
· Ensures that all contracts and agreements are completed in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
· Following the admission of each resident, the Admission Coordinator will be responsible for visiting the resident to identify comfort in the placement.
· Responsible for promoting the facility image in the community.
· In the absence of the Admission Coordinator, the DON and Social Service Designee will perform the tasks related to inquire and touring of the facility for perspective residents for admission.
· Responsible for maintaining accurate census of the facility.
· Provides daily Department Heads and Administrator with facility resident statistics and communicates pending admissions as well as changes in payer status at morning CQI meeting.
· Participates in weekly Medicare utilization meeting.
What You Will Need:
· Proficient in the use of a computer
· Typing of 50 wpm
· · High School Diploma or Equivalent
· · Must be 18 years of age or older
· · Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Preferred
· · 2 years of Admission or Marketing Experience in Healthcare Setting
The Admissions and Marketing Director is responsible for marketing the facility, generating appropriate resident admissions, and maintaining facility census at an acceptable level established by management, and overseeing the admissions process
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.