This position is responsible for the coaching and development of a team of supervisors in a fast-paced, dynamic call center environment. The manager is accountable for meeting and exceeding departmental and call center goals. This position is responsible for the management of customer service staff including all activities that contribute to ensuring customers receive the best service possible.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the Company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer and employee experience.
- Effectively lead a team of supervisors utilizing management skills including, but not limited to, time management, financial management, planning, communication, delegation and organizational skills.
- Monitor individual and team performance to ensure performance and quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Manage call center floor activity including monitoring staffing levels, efficiency and service levels and outages/service interruptions. Escalate rep and customer impacting issues appropriately.
- Ensures departmental standards regarding customer experience are met by regularly monitoring calls and performance metrics to provide feedback or coaching.
- Ensure all Supervisors and Call Center Reps are trained on an ongoing basis
- Provide regular reporting of key performance initiatives to the site leader of the Call Center Operations.
- Hire, evaluate, coach and counsel employees in the performance of their duties.
- Establish and maintain interdepartmental relationships and communications to ensure alignment on all business initiatives and desktop tool effectiveness.
- Develop staff to be more effective in their roles by providing ongoing coaching, performance reviews and on-the-job training.
- Make decisions and implement change to improve processes and customer experiences utilizing root cause analysis and data trends.
- Facilitate open communications between representatives, supervisors, peers, departments, systems and region.
- Ensure all call center operational tools are effective on an ongoing basis, including desktop configurations, call routing/handling, CSG (ACSR) access, etc.
- Develop and interpret internal reporting to effectively manage the business.
- Lead projects utilizing effective project management skills.
- Motivate and inspire others to action utilizing effective leadership skills including problem solving, team development.
- Manage department personnel issues including performance reviews, counseling and progressive disciplinary actions as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to hire, evaluate, coach and counsel direct reports regularly in the performance of their duties
- Ability to act with honesty and integrity
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, cable billing system, etc.)
- Ability to manage projects
- Knowledge of all functions and related tasks in the area of customer relations
- Knowledge of applicable products and services
- Knowledge of general accounting and billing procedures
- Good vision, including peripheral, and ability to adjust focus
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field (MBA preferred); or equivalent experience
- Related Work Experience
- Customer service/call center experience - 7-10 years
- Supervisory/management experience - 5+ years
- Experience in the telecom industry - 5+ years
- Office environment
- Exposure to moderate noise level
- Travel may be required
- Schedule is 3:00pm - 12:00am M-F
- Full-time on-site work required; NOT a remote position
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Posting ID: 580737569Posted: 2020-10-19