Providence is calling a Medical Assistant I (Grant Creek Family Practice Clinic, Days, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.In this position you will:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position include:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical information.
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient encounter.
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as appropriate per role and certification, obtain specimens, perform required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, otic, opthalmalogic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate to scope of role and certification.
- Reinforce patient education, materials, and lab results (normal); return phone messages; all as directed by the licensed practitioner.
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- Perform administrative and/or clerical support duties for practitioner, other medical assistants, or clinic/location as directed. (ex: pre-authorizations, schedule appointments, referrals, clinic inventory and/or outdated medications/supplies, etc.)
- Work in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions and standards. Reports any unsafe conditions to their supervisor and/or the safety hotline.
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations established for the organization.
- Actively participate in continuing education and clinic/location staff meetings and/or trainings.
- Assist with emergencies as needed under the direction of a licensed practitioner.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with anyone outside the organization.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED and training in a clinic setting as a medical assistant
- Required upon hire: Prior training in a clinic setting as a Medical Assistant, or Active Interim Certificate, Registered or Active MA-C or licensed through state where hired (if required by state), OR a graduate of schools for MA diploma/certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course
- Required upon hire in the following states: AK, CA, MT, TX - National certification/registration (AAMA, AMCA, AMT, NHA, NCCT or NAHP) as a Medical Assistant
- Required upon hire: Current BLS - Must be AHA accredited
- Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting (0-6 months)
- Must possess basic knowledge of vaccinations, medications, their use, to include brand and generic names related to the clinic/location supported
- Must possess knowledge and use of basic medical terminology related to role
About the hospital you will serve.
- Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants or alternate training program
- National certification/registration (AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT) as a Medical Assistant Preferred upon hire in the State of Montana
- 6 months prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment
- 6 months previous experience in a healthcare setting working with an Electronic Health record (EHR)
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient - one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork
Posting ID: 588693913Posted: 2020-11-23