Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Ambulatory Specialist (Women's Health Services, Days, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.In this position you will:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position include:
- Principal Duties And Functions:
- The RN Ambulatory Specialist will be responsible for the following duties and functions, either by performing the activity or by delegating the activity to an appropriately trained individual with oversight:
- SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
- No direct reports.
- Give on-the-job direction including appropriate delegation, input and coaching to assigned members of patient care team. Assesses and redistributes duties throughout the shift to ensure timely completion. Includes maintaining a clinic daily task schedule and assignments of clinical support staff in accordance with their skills, abilities and job positions.
- Mentor and coach clinical support staff. Assists in orienting and onboarding new clinical staff.
- CLINICAL PRACTICE / CLINIC OPERATIONS FUNCTIONS
- Communicate and collaborate with the clinic leadership team, providers and staff regarding daily operational issues. Works as a team player to assure overall effective clinical operations. Keeps other members of the leadership team apprised of concerns, problems and issues that arise during the normal course of business.
- Participate in defining, maintaining, interpreting and monitoring nursing, MA and ancillary personnel scope of practice related to clinical standards of ambulatory care. Maintains current knowledge of trends in nursing practice, health and ambulatory care. Conveys new information to the clinical support staff.
- Provide direct patient care.
- Triage urgent/emergent cases
- Identify and responds to situational problems, patient or provider concerns or clinical support staff issues in a professional manner using clinical judgment. Works toward a permanent resolution with cooperation of appropriate staff and supervisors.
- Interface with various PHS departments (Home Health, Lab, ED, Pharmacy and other departments) as needed.
- Facilitate and encourages staff communication and team building.
- Participate and /or regularly attends meetings as necessary.
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT/IMPROVEMENT FUNCTIONS
- Work with the clinic leadership team to set goals and implement actions plans to achieve those goals.
- Oversee and maintain quality standards of care according to current policies and procedures.
- Identify ongoing training needs of clinical support staff and meets those needs by facilitating educational opportunities in collaboration with PMG Education RN.
- Participate in efficient "through-put" management by assisting with standardization of clinic processes and procedures; developing, assessing and revising clinic workflows; and implementing new processes and initiatives.
- PATIENT AND EMPLOYEE SAFETY
- Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, integrates evidence base and best practices into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes.
- Align patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
- Promote compliance by keeping accurate records and overseeing processes.
- Be responsible for EOC and Safety Surveys as well as the oversight of the completion of any additional ambulatory audits as assigned.
- Oversee completion of all required safety training by clinic support staff and assists managers in maintaining training records in the employee's training file.
- Each of these are considered an essential function:
- Mission & Values:
- Actively support and incorporate the mission and core values into daily activities. Treats all others with respect and demonstrates excellence, justice and compassion in daily work and relationships with others.
- Service Commitment:
- Demonstrate competency by placing a high priority on service to everyone encountered. Consistently shows the characteristic of service excellence.
- Team Member:
- Demonstrate competency by maintaining positive, constructive interpersonal relationships, and by understanding and practicing the principles of effective teamwork.
- Protect confidential/private information related to patients, members, employees, and others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Environment of Care/Infection Control/Safety:
- Consistently demonstrate and incorporate principles of safety and infection control into daily activities as outlined in Infection Control manual and department safety policies/procedures. Consistently uses personal protective equipment as required and takes appropriate precautions whenever there is potential for contact with blood, body fluids, chemicals and/or other hazardous materials. Maintains knowledge of work-appropriate aspects of environment of care programs, complies with policies and reports unsafe conditions. Successfully completes Environment of Care HealthStream modules in the required timeframes and participates in fire drills and emergency exercises.
- Attendance and Punctuality:
- Demonstrate performance by adhering to established policies and procedure and exhibiting the defined characteristics associated with attendance and punctuality.
- Respect for Diversity:
- Demonstrate competency by knowing and applying the principles of an inclusive work environment.
- Integrate Quality Improvement principles in work life:
- Display consistent commitment to customer service.
- Exhibit quality focus and active involvement in improvement of work processes.
- Employ learned methods for achieving improved outcomes.
- Demonstrate appreciation of team strength in meeting customers' needs and displays personal behavior that has a positive impact for the team.
- Exhibit achievement and learning orientation to work and organizational life by maintaining a broad outlook, demonstrating personal responsibility for keeping up with current information, expanding knowledge and skill, and ensuring contribution to organizational success.
- Display ability to work in an ever-changing environment and participate constructively in change processes.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
- Associate's degree in nursing upon hire.
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) - (BLS Provider) upon hire.
- One (1) year working with the patient population similar to department of hire.
- One (1) year delegation of nursing responsibilities to licensed and unlicensed personnel required, preferably within the ambulatory setting.
About the clinic you will serve.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- National Certification in area of specialty
- Three (3) years RN experience managing complex patients.
- Three (3) years demonstrated experience with providing progressive leadership, clinical staff education, competency development and evaluation, staff training.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve western Montana. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient - one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
Posting ID: 567478631Posted: 2021-01-11