RCC Underwriter II specializing in either Agency Screening and Analysis, Agency Underwriting, FHA Map and Lean Underwriting, or Commercial Placement Underwriting. Primary Responsibilities:
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
- Position responsibilities include some or all of the following depending on product specialty:
- Analyze/Spread operating statements for multifamily or commercial loan transactions in accordance with specific investor guidelines.
- Responsible for accurate loan sizing and overall risk assessment prior to/or after application utilizing specific Investor underwriting guidelines and requirements.
- Interview prospective borrowers and property managers to obtain critical property, management, and borrower details for each transaction.
- Work closely with loan originators to help negotiate deal terms and resolve outstanding issues.
- Interact with respective Investor Representatives (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Life, HUD, etc) regarding loan transaction terms and waivers.
- Inspect property in accordance with Investor guidelines (travel required-national).
- Obtain and review all third party reports associated with each transaction as required by specific investor.
- Completion of underwriting narrative/committee package.
- Review of commitment letter and handoff to loan closing department.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Indirect management/mentor of Agency loan processors or Junior FHA underwriters assigned to the transaction. Education and Experience Required:
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and 5 years underwriting experience or related experience to include completion of multifamily inspection training (or similar work experience and credit training) or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of 9 years' higher education and/or work experience including a minimum of 5 years underwriting or related experience to include completion of multifamily inspection training (or similar work experience and credit training).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Proficiency Excel and Word programs.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Affordable Housing Specific: Experience with taxable, tax-exempt, and preservation product types.
- HUD Specific: MAP and/or Healthcare designations.
For FHA MAP designation plus 232/LEAN certification desired. Location
Plano, Texas, United States of America
Posting ID: 579359220Posted: 2020-10-20