Our client, is currently seeking a Controls Engineer to join a dynamic team responsible for capital expenditure projects in their Mobile, AL . This is a full time, contract to direct opportunity.
This position supports the automation department. The Automation Engineering group is responsible for the management of new and existing facility automation investments including production lines and machinery.
· Responsible for small to large capital expenditure project improvements, controls upgrades, and expansions
· Electrical developments that carry out operation, quality, and safety improvements to company production lines, electrical engineering design, specifications and review
· Hands on layout design, engineering and project management and implementation
· Modifying equipment: Electrical systems, process controls, pumps, motors, hydraulics, swedge presses, welders, hydro test units, and NDT equipment
· Handling equipment changes and creating specifications
· Bachelor's degree in Automation, Industrial Control or Electrical Engineering is preferred but not required
· Have 5+ years' experience of Controls / Automation Project Engineering
· Have 5+ years working in a heavy industrial environment, preferably steel
· Have experience with PLC's, Siemens, HMI Systems, Automation
· Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Project Schedule
· Possess the ability to work with a culturally diverse team
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
Drive for Results: Self-motivated and a self-starter. Able to foresee any problem in the processes and the equipment. Ability to show pro-activeness in these situations.
Analytical Skills: Ability to go to the root of problems and understand how pipe manufacturing, testing and hydro testing machines work, and suggest improvements (e.g.: buy or upgrade machines and equipment). Know how to calculate forces and resistance, create drawings and be able to explain with details on how drawings should be done (ability to communicate this to a drafter).
Technical Skills: Write processes and equipment specifications (for e.g. when buying new equipment), or write about material specification which is going to be loaded in that equipment.
Ability to understand and foresee requirement needs and suggest improvements: Will receive input from Quality and Operations departments. Ability to know what needs to be done so that quality is improved as well as the manufacturing processes. Will receive information on the process and may need to suggest the changes to be made. (Buy new machines, upgrade the old ones, and repair broken equipment).
ResourceTek offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, holidays, etc. ResourceTek - An Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
Posting ID: 577612494Posted: 2020-10-22