Notice to Applicant about this Employer: You are applying for a job with an independently owned cooperative member of Ace Hardware Corporation, who operates this Ace Hardware store, not Ace Hardware Corporation. The independent store owner alone is responsible for and independently makes all decisions concerning employment related matters, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. Ace Hardware Corporation will not receive a copy of any applications submitted for this position, and will have no control over interviews and/or hiring decisions, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of the independent store owner. If hired, the independent store owner will be your only employer. Ace Hardware Corporation is not the employer for this position. The Ace Hardware trademarks, logos and designs are owned by Ace Hardware Corporation and used by independent store owners under a license from Ace Hardware Corporation.
The General Manager is responsible for ensuring superior customer service in their store. They must develop associates at all levels, drive sales and profitability, and maintain effective expense and payroll budget management. They will also ensure compliance with effective inventory management and merchandising practices and all store policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide positive representation of store.
• Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
• Provide a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Ensure all calls are answered promptly, courteously, and effectively.
• Handle customer complaints. Work to resolve problems with the customer and have store's best interest taken into consideration.
• Possess excellent product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
• Ensure a positive, professional and safe work environment for all associates.
• Supervise the "general operations" of the entire store.
• Responsible for ordering and maintaining desirable product inventory levels to ensure store profitability in compliance with corporate objectives.
• Ensure compliance with all practices, policies and procedures necessary to manage inventory shrink. Monitor shrink numbers and take corrective actions.
• Manage and direct preventative maintenance and repairs in order to maximize and protect all physical assets (i.e. building, fixtures and equipment).
• Ensure receiving, checking in, stocking of merchandise for the store is being done completely.
• Responsible for maintenance of back stock levels.
• Oversee and assist with the daily maintenance, orderliness, and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room, and outdoor merchandise areas.
• Provide assistance in the overall general maintenance of the store.
• Ensure forklift operations and receiving is completed in a safe and efficient way.
• Ensure weekly price changes are being completed.
• Ensure monthly cycle counts and negative on hand reports are being completed.
• Ensure signage is current in the entire store.
• Provide a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and ad goods merchandised.
• Ensure special orders and rain-checks are being completed properly.
• Ensure ad signage and products are ready for the customers.
Store Support Operations
• Responsible for the P & L and other corresponding reports.
• Manage payroll and other controllable expenses.
• Responsible for the implementation of Store Support programs.
• Attend trade shows and seminars with company guidance.
• Responsible for successful Loss Prevention, Safety and Internal Audits.
• Assist with special projects within the district as set forth by the District Manager.
Hiring and Training of Associates
• Conduct weekly management staff meetings.
• Ensure effective training and development of all associates.
• Recruit prospective associates for possible management positions throughout store.
• Manage and support the hiring, scheduling, reviewing, rewarding and coaching of all store associates including management.
• Actively recruit and promote the advancement of store associates.
• Become an integral part of the community in which you live and work through civic organizations and being community minded.
• Challenge all associates to think of ways to better merchandise product, control expenses and increase sales.
• Lead by example; be approachable by all associates and customers.
Other Essential Requirements
High School or GED equivalent required; degree preferred. Completion of NHRA Advanced Course in Hardware Retailing recommended.
Must have previous retail management experience. Hardware experience preferred.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 25lbs) and climbing ladders.
Posting ID: 547936608Posted: 2020-07-12