The Project Manager/Estimator role is responsible for estimating, scheduling, operating and managing projects from cradle to grave. The position is to ensure that all associated work is performed in a timely and cost-effective manner, in accordance with applicable plans and specifications, company policies and procedures along with sound roofing practices. This position reports to the Unit President.
The following are the primary responsibilities of this role:
1. Understand the contract to ensure the Company's responsibilities and scope of the work
2. Responsible for catching deviations from the specifications and plans as it relates to scope, contract and schedule
3. Generate estimates from blueprint drawings, specifications, field notes, field drawings, and actual field inspections
4. Obtain all necessary information, such as: field inspections, measurements, photographs, and sketches required to provide accurate customer pricing
5. Submit proposals to customers
6. Communicate with owners, architects, engineers, general contractors and property managers
7. Attend/conduct all weekly meetings in conjunctions with project start-up, pre-bid, sales, job progress
8. Generate project budgets, submittals, equipment requirements, purchase orders, material lists, manpower requirements, lodging, and transportation
9. Handle all safety issues
10. Conduct pre-job safety analysis of each project
11. Monitor job costs against original estimates, budgets and change orders
12. Manage project closeouts and ensure warranty documents are requested and received
13. Execute contracts with subcontractors
14. Help the president with the month end WIP report and cost to complete report
15. Assist as appropriate in collecting progress and final payments
16. Serve as a representative of Tecta America, displaying professionalism, consideration and discretion in all interactions and assist in recruiting new talent to the organization
17. Contribute to a positive work environment and ensure teamwork within project organization, as well as with the management teams, utilizing the Tecta resources needed to focus on driving value to our customers
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent writing and oral communication and be able to accurately convey thoughts and ideas in a non-confrontational manner in one-to-one situation or a group setting
• Understand the basic revenue models, P/L and cost-to-completion projections and be able to make decisions accordingly
• Ability to be articulate in his/her method and be well organized
• Expert in Microsoft Office products
• Highly motivated and a self-starter
• Bachelor's degree or three to five years' experience in roofing and or commercial construction industry
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Flexibility to occasionally work evening, weekends and overnight travel
• Walking, turning, stooping, and reaching for and carrying materials. Stepping over and around obstacles, climbing and carrying ladders, and climbing scaffolding
• Able to lift up to 80 pounds and comfortable visiting actual job sites about 50% of the time (without fear of heights)
• Must hear well enough to understand oral directions
• Must see to read forms, labels, directions, prints, and specifications Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, business correspondence, and memos. Capability to write correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one, or group presentations to customers, vendors and/or subcontractors and other employees of the organization.
• Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, aptitude to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet Explorer, Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
• Strong interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills. Valid Driver's license and clean driving record. Must not be afraid of heights and must be able to position extension ladder to access roof for roof inspection/survey