1149 S Lake St., Aurora, IL 60507
Diesel Tech / Mechanic - D Class
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Competitive Pay Plan + Great Benefits!
Walk-in Applicants are also Welcome!
Coffman Truck Sales is a company owned and operated business celebrating over 70 years in business. We believe culture makes a difference and we strive to build lasting relationships with our employees, customers, and community.
We need to hire a Diesel Tech/Mechanic – D Class. Previous experience required. We value our employees and invest in their success.
- Competitive pay plan
- $5,000 Sign-on bonus!
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and short-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid vacation
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Performs light maintenance and repairs which include lube, oil, and filter changes, balancing and rotation of tires, and flushing cooling systems and is an entry-level position.
- Sells lubrication, safety inspection, and other related services. Maintains related records on regular customers, following up periodically with telephone, mail, or personal reminders.
- Inspects vehicle fluid levels, replenishes, as necessary.
- Checks tire pressure and adds air if needed.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Previous experience is required, preferably Cummins Engine experience, Volvo or Isuzu.
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Good mathematical skills and the ability to solve practical problems
- Resume must be uploaded, and online assessment completed for immediate consideration.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and be a current resident.
- Must pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Posting ID: 565701556Posted: 2020-08-01