General Manager – Five Guys
Five Guys Burgers and Fries is one of America’s most successful hamburger concepts, not just for its food, ranked the #1 burger in America by Zagat survey, but also because of its employees. We have a unique work environment where crew members and management are trained to work every position in the restaurant. From the register, to the grill, to morning prep and evening close, our employees become a team working in all aspects of the restaurant. We also have a unique bonus program that provides the opportunity to earn bonuses each pay period as well as quarterly.
We have an open kitchen experience so it’s fun and it’s loud with lots of team communication.
So, what’s it takes to be a successful Five Guys General Manager?
- People & Leadership Skills – Do you know how to lead and motivate people? This one skill set is what separates good managers from poor managers and will be the key attribute we will focus on in our interview process.
- Energy & Stamina - it’s a team-based work environment and crew energy is important.
- Ability To Work At A Fast Pace – Our kitchen’s have a lot going on and there’s lots of on-the-line communication and job rotation. It’s not for everybody.
- Good Communication – Our crew is vocal and supports and works with each other on what’s happening real-time during each shift.
- Love for Great Food and Great Music – We make some of the best burgers in the biz and do it to the sounds of classic rock and roll. Yes, singing is encouraged.
- Caring About Your Teammates – Always working for the success of your team.
- SMILE, UPBEAT, FRIENDLY & OUTGOING! – We give away a FREE Smile with every order!
- High school diploma, some post high school education a plus.
- 2+ years previous leadership experience in the Restaurant Field.
- 3+ years’ experience in the food service business.
- ServeSafe Certification a plus.
- Strong references from people who have worked for you and who you’ve worked for.
- Have your own vehicle and can travel to any of our locations for work.
- Financial and inventory management
- Crew assignment, training and motivation of the team during your shift
- Customer relationship management
- Full accountability for how the shift runs under your watch.
- Work both opening and closing shifts each week
Able to follow company standards, policies and procedures and teach them to others.
$42,000-$50,000 per year, plus benefits, weekly and quarterly bonus options and 2 weeks paid vacation is available
Posting ID: 548048647Posted: 2020-07-14