Focusing on providing superior service, the deli sales clerk position processes customer orders in an efficient, accurate, and courteous manner, prepares, slices, wraps, boxes and displays deli products and makes sure the deli department is clean, well-merchandised, colorful and inviting. Job Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Focusing on providing fast and friendly customer service.
- Processing cash register transactions, giving back change, and refunds.
- Using scale printer machines, ensuring weights and pricing are correct.
- Understanding the importance monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and shelf signage.
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly check stand/sales counter and work production areas.
- Preparing, wrapping, boxing, weighing, slicing, and stocking deli department products, rotating them as necessary to ensure product quality and safety.
- The preparation and cooking of deli food items, which includes items like fried chicken and other foods, roasted chickens, salads prepared on premise, sandwiches, and meal items for hot cases and steam tables.
- The merchandising, slicing and weighing of prepared deli meats and cheeses.
- Work safely around sharp slicers, tools and hot ovens and burners.
- Displaying goods following deli department and/or merchandising guidelines.
- Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer's satisfaction.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Applicants for this position must be at least18 yearsold.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer. Ability to:
- Remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Learn to use register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and learn and memorize various register keys and codes.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Learn a wide variety of deli products, including the ingredients that go into those products.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary equipment, including knives, slicers, burners, ovens, fryers and rotisseries.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Lift and maneuver 50 lbs.
- Work in walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Work with deli ingredients including various meat items, vegetables and fruits, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and oils.
Posting ID: 559416958Posted: 2020-08-07